Bamboo drying time

NattieLou

Monkey Mama
Reaction score
I'm buying a couple of bamboozles, as they're too much of a bargain to pass up, even though we don't have a tumble dryer. I figure at least they might work in a night-time nappy rotation. But how long can I expect them to take to dry on an airer indoors? You shouldn't put bamboo on a radiator, right?

I'm also considering the possibility of bamboo flats as an option, but again the drying time is a concern. How long could I typically expect them to take to dry - presumably quicker than a shaped nappy?

Bamboo flats would definitely dry quicker than a shaped bamboo nappy - I put mine (flats and size 1 Little Lambs) on a rack in front of the radiator as you're right, you shouldn't put bamboo directly on the radiator, or tumble dry on high as it damaged the fibres. I do tumble on low, for an hour, to start the drying process, and then, on the rack, they take another 24 hours or so, obviously depending on whether the radiator is on all that time, quicker if it was on the whole time. Without tumbling first - I only did this over the summer when I was prewashing my nappies, as I didn't start using them till September, and they took a good 3 days, but that was with no radiator on. Perhaps 48 hours for the Bamboozles and 36 for the flats?

Despite the long drying time, I do love my bamboo and am going to get stuff in size 2 when the times comes.

Thanks. A couple days to dry a flat doesn't sound prohibitive. I think I'll wait and see how we get on with the muslins at first, and if I'm still liking the idea of flats at that point, I'll get a few bamboo squares to try out.

mine usually dry overnight (flats) as i have them in front of the radiator on an airer :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"