Bamboozle stretch - what to use?

S

stargirl69

I have bought some bamboozle stretch nappies and I'm unsure what I need to use with a newborn.

I know I will need to use the nappy and the wrap, but do I need to use the booster that comes with it? Or do I just use a paper/fleece liner? Or do I not use either? Or do I use both?

I'm thinking of the first few months after baby is born.

It really depends on the individual baby. Some babies wee more than others and some start off really little so a nappy with lots of boosters can be too bulky. With a newborn I would probably start with the nappy without a booster and if you find it starts becoming full quicker than you'd like, then start adding the booster. Of course if it doesn't look too bulky, you can add the booster from the start if you like.

For newborns, I found paper liners pretty useless. Newborn and/or breastfed baby poo tends to go around the liner as well as on it! You can use a fleece liner if you want to keep baby's bottom dryer. I don't think bamboozle stretches have a 'stay dry' layer so I personally would always use a fleece liner.

We used flexitots from birth and we always used the boosters right from the beginning - it didn't really occur to us not to. Helen wasn't a huge baby 7lb 7 oz and they didn't look too bulky. We used paper liners for the first couple of months but only because we didn't know any better. They weren't great and poo always leaked around them. We moved onto fleece and her bottom was noticeably drier once we did this.

She has just outgrown the size ones now and I have bought a few of the bamboozle stretchies in size two, I love love love them, good choice:thumbup: What wraps are you using? We found we got a bit of poo leakage with the tots bots ones. I got some mother ease wraps preloved on here and I much prefer them.

We used bamboozles from birth, i popped the booster in & used a fleece liner. I think Travis is quite a heavy wetter tho! but the fleece keeps his bottom nice & dry! I'll second what bumpontherun says about the wraps: motherease are the only 1s that can cope with the worst of T's poonamis!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->