Bamboozles overnight

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
I've been gifted some bamboozles & I'm thinking of trying them overnight instead of my triple boosted cotton little lambs. They are size 1 with the sewn in Tongue thing... Can I ask those that use them how much you boost them and what wraps you use for overnight?

i used to use a trifold booster for mothercare smart nappies in mine, worked fantastic with motherease/nature babies/modern babies wraps x

if they're new i'd make sure they've had plenty of prewashing before using at night. bamboo i recommended 8-10 prewashes before they reach full absorbency. :)

I'd use a Motherease Airflow wrap, I find them a million times more reliable than LLs. For boosting, I'd make sure the sewn-in tongue was folded and then add another bamboo booster folded and placed in the front (or not folded if it's a really thick TB one). And seconding the point about *lots* of washes to get the absorbancy up.

How big is G now? I'd have thought he'd be into size 2s? I've been getting a pre-loved stash of 2s together (LLs and Bamboozles) and because they're bigger they obviously hold more. Not so neat but doesnt matter so much for overnight. :)

Thanks for all the replies :)

I will be washing them; apparently they are used but you couldn't tell to touch/look at them.

MJ - G was about 15lb8 3 weeks ago but his rate of gain has slowed right down since just before Xmas, I'm going to get him weighed again tomorrow but I'll be surprised if he's much over 16lb. I wouldn't have bothered getting more size1 but they were being given away for free on my local NCT egroup :) I got 10 so I think most will fund their way to eBay! In my LLs he still seems to have plenty of possible growth left, not tried a bamboozle yet or a size 2. I have got a size 2 lollipop which I tried on him but it was still massive. With the bamboozles I got 3 motherease wraps but I don't know the exact style - they are size medium and seem pretty big, might go over a size2 too?

I use LL wraps in the day but a fleece wrap over my LLs at night. Shall have to try these new wraps.

I'm planning to buy 10 new size 2 LLs as I still haven't used my council voucher (I was living in Switzerland) so I'll get £60 toward the cost but only with an official receipt.

I use BB at night and have never had a leak - even with Imi sleeping the occasional 13 hrs (normal is 11 hrs!). Mine have the sewn in booster and I just add 1 more bamboo booster and a fleece liner. I use either Motherease Rikki or Nature babies wraps :D

Thanks Vici - i Think Imi's a bit bigger than G is she still in size1? What does she weigh now?

Last weigh in she was 17lb 1oz (about 2 weeks ago) and yes she's still in her size 1s. I do have a size 2 LL bamboo which I also use and am on the look out for size2 BB but they do just fine still :)

Adam *is* still in size 1s, he was 16lb 13oz 2 weeks ago, and if he stays on the curve as he has been he won't be 20lb for another couple of months, and so theoretically still in LL size 1. I'm finding that though they do up fine round the waist, the rise is getting a bit low.

Do your wraps have poppers or aplix? Airflow are the ones with poppers, Rikki has aplix. I have only tried the Airflow, and they do look massive and baggy but Medium fits a 10lb-20lb baby. They're just about totally leakproof because the waist and leg elastic sits a fair way away from the nappy itself, so there's no wicking. Mine do fit over the size 2s but they're a lot more snug on the rise, so I am on the lookout for M/L and L now.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/ZRVic/Imogen/DSCF1108.jpg
This is Imi in a size 1 at 17 and half lbs :)

Sooo cute :)

G has put on just 5 oz in the last month so I think size 1 will be ok for a bit :)

on a different note OMG I love the motherease wrap - forgot to take a spare nappy for after Clinic and then we went out so he's Bern in the same nappy 5 hours, it's soaked but not a hint of a leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->