banana porridge

wishes

Mummy of two :)
Reaction score
ok, he's loving banana porridge but im still not sure how much i should be giving him :blush:

On the packet it says one spoonfull porridge to 3 water... then increase as appetite increases?!

Today i made up 4 heaped teaspoons full of porridge with equivalent water and he finished it off still wanting more.

That seemed loads compared to the packet... but then would prob only be about a third/half of a jar full??!!

How much should he have????!!! :dohh:

I work on the basis that they'll keep eating until they're full and I don't pay much attention to how much they 'should' be eating. So if it was me, I'd increase the amount each day until he's not polishing off the whole lot. Just me though! :D

I agree with above today we did two teaspoons porridge 6 water and he left a bit over so Im gonna keep with that until he starts to finish and add another teaspoon on

I agree too! Molly wats loads more than they say.

I agree with above today we did two teaspoons porridge 6 water and he left a bit over so Im gonna keep with that until he starts to finish and add another teaspoon on

oh my godness :blush: you did two teaspoons at 10months old and it was too much... today we did 5 heaped teaspons and he nearly polished it off at 5 months!! :blush: Am i gonna make him fat? :cry: Can they eat too much?

I wouldn't worry hon. Aisling is on normal instant porridge and takes 20g of the dried stuff, I dread to think how many teaspoons that is but it's ALOT! And she's started finishing it so I'll have to up the amount! :blush:

ok... i trust you lu! :thumbup: If my bubs turns into a fattyboomboom he'll have to marry your little lovely :haha:

ok... i trust you lu! :thumbup: If my bubs turns into a fattyboomboom he'll have to marry your little lovely :haha:

We'll start our own online baby dating agency!! :lol:

i make the porridge up with milk because alex is really bad with his milk i normally make up 2oz of milk with the porridge and he eats the lot but will eat about half a jar and half a pudding jar

oh my godness :blush: you did two teaspoons at 10months old and it was too much... today we did 5 heaped teaspons and he nearly polished it off at 5 months!! :blush: Am i gonna make him fat? :cry: Can they eat too much?

Josh is just over 5 months too lol, don't worry!!

Yeah I don't really follow the instructions either, I just give Charlie as much porridge as he wants to eat. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->