Bandana bib help

Its something my MIL gave me, basically I can put poppers on clothes (she gets paranoid about velcro) I just pop the popper parts in each half put it on the fabric and then a little hit with a hammer. Ok that sounds scarey but it isn't honest. It is a little gem but I have never found another one as good.

Wow I like the sound of that! Do you know where its from?

No sorry but she is coming down to see me next week so I will ask her if you like :happydance:

i have loads of these! the tiny eco have an ebay shop thats 99p + 99p postage , they have a nice design on the front and terry on the back, i normallly use the patterned side but when he is extra dribbly i use the terry side, i have bought them for my neice and they fit her lovely too shes 18 months .

I'm gonna look into these as cost has been putting me off...if anyone starts making them, I'll pace an order :D

xx

me too:thumbup:

must admit though i prefer the bippistuff to skibz...

No sorry but she is coming down to see me next week so I will ask her if you like :happydance:

Yeh that'd be fab! I've been researching abit and think theyre called snap pliers... But Thats about as far as Ive got...

No problem will do :thumbup:

I have just ordered some fleece,towelling and cotton to try and make some and see how they look, I may try with some scrap fabric first though and will let you know how it goes, it doesn't look that hard does it. :wacko:

No problem will do :thumbup:

I have just ordered some fleece,towelling and cotton to try and make some and see how they look, I may try with some scrap fabric first though and will let you know how it goes, it doesn't look that hard does it. :wacko:

No it doesnt look toooo hard. Maybe a bit fiddly but once in the hang of it I rekon it'd be pretty simple. Think its a good idea to practise with scrap as dont wana waste nice fabric. I've seen some gooorgeous minky fabric on ebay and am very tempted to get it... BUT Im guna hold off for a while... If you manage to get one made be sure to put pics up :happydance:

ooooo, you give me ideas of making them too, i only have two the price has gone up since i bought mine, i could use mine as a template,

gonna look out for the bippi ones too

well I made one and it was really simple, remember this is just from some old cloth I had laying around

Side 1
https://xs842.xs.to/xs842/09350/bandana1186.jpg

Side 2
https://xs842.xs.to/xs842/09350/bandana2938.jpg

Wow thats brill!! I have a Q.. What make is your popper machine thingy? Im dying to get my hand on one... You've done a fab job on those, I cant wait to see the nappy! :D

wow Laura...looks brill!!

Now if you could make ones like the bippistuff ones I would put in a nice order!

They have a front layer of like t-shirt material and back layer of fleece, I find the tshirt material soaks up the dribble better than the others Ive tried, it just rolls off the skibz ones:dohh:

well done, looking good!

they're fab, did you do it on a machine?
i was thinking getting some terry towelling or flannels (cheaper thin ones) some material and a couple of press studs.

i've not got a machine so i'll have to and stitch mine, think it might be a trial and error thing lol

Thanks ladies, Its really easy when you have a real bandana to work from. All I did was get one of mine (yes I wear them :blush: ) and wrapped it around her neck at the length I would want the bib, I then curved the top as my bandana went over her face (straight top)

Now if you could make ones like the bippistuff ones I would put in a nice order!

I have ordered a load of fabric (don't tell DH) so will see what we can whip up,

they're fab, did you do it on a machine?
i was thinking getting some terry towelling or flannels (cheaper thin ones) some material and a couple of press studs.

i've not got a machine so i'll have to and stitch mine, think it might be a trial and error thing lol

I did do it on the machine but it was all done with a straight stitch so should be ok to do by hand good luck :thumbup:

PlumFairy: I do not know the make on the popper thingy its not on it but my MIL is coming to mine on Wednesday and I will ask her for you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->