bank charges

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by weestar21, Nov 22, 2006.

1. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

dont know if anyone has posted this yet
    but its about getting all your money back for bank charges in teh last 6 years

its great :cheer:

here is the link it gives you all the details on how to go about it and it even gives you letters to print out and send to your bank to get your money!!!

http://www.gm.tv/index.cfm?articleid=21859

sorry if this has already been posted
    xxxxx

2. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

My mates been doing this - Her ah her OH sat doing a letter for her & her OHs Mum!

They stuck them in the envelopes & her reply was basically "we owe you nothing" it was like 3 weeks later they realises they stuck the letters in the wrong envelopes & her bank got his Mums letter which was a totally different bank & vise versa :lol:

3. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

gosh :lol:

Have they got anywher with it yet or are they still fighting?

i just watched it on gmtv thismorning and thought it was brilliant and because im crap with letters they even give you letters to print itss amazing

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE SUE YOUR BANK :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

i work for a bank dont shot me but if a customer goes over drawn then its there own fault and they shoudl be aware of what teh charges are if they go overdrawn you will find with most banks if it there fault hey will give u the dosh back but if its yours and ur first time they tend to do a good will gesture with the bank i would for we have a buffer of 39 quid so if u go over drawn by the 3quid u will not get charge until u go over 39quid

5. loulou1980

loulou1980 Well-Known Member

my account was slightly short by 3p to be exact,i had a dd going out,they charged me for going 3p overdrawn then charged me for returning dd,it was the first time i had ever done it,plus the gits wouldnt give me a debit card,hence why im not with tsb anymore

6. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

I saw that too and Bank charges are actually illegal.

I know someone who has had bad experiences with the bank, they went overdrawn for a DD was applied for 2 days before the agreed date.
    The bank charged £39 for the privelidge of this company trying to get their money early.
    Then they continued to try for the next 2 days hence more charges.
    The money was paid in in time for the DD but then there was no money in for the bank charges so they charged a another charge for not being able to pay the original charge and it escalates.
    The bank agreed to stop the extra charges (how generous) but she still had to pay 2 at £39 each even though none of it was her fault :evil:

I have had no problems at all with my bank as I work in accounts I have all my outgoing and incomings worked out each month but I do think they are all thieving b*stards.

Charm X