Bartholin cyst...tmi warning!

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had one while pregnant? I've had this one show up off and on for the last year and a half. The first time I got it, I had an ER doctor give me antibiotics to clear it which did absolutely nothing.(It was a weekend and I was in severe pain because of it) It finally ruptured itself and drained, healing all on its own. The same has happened a couple times since. It just bleeds for a while and then it's fine. Well the last couple days it had started to swell back up again. I figured I'd just wait until my OB appointment next week to bring it up with him and see what he wanted to do. Well just a few minutes ago, I run to pee, and end up with toilet paper cover in bloody pus! It ruptured on its own again, but this time it seems badly infected. Before it's only been blood coming out, this time there is pus in it, and it smells terrible. I'm going to call my OBs office first thing in the morning to see if they want me to come in, or just prescribe something. But had anyone dealt with an infected, abscessed Bartholin cyst before? Is there any threat to my baby with this?

Oh no! I'm sorry. I know how painful a regular cyst can be. I just had a fee cultured. Honestly I don't know how to treat one of those. I'd double check with your ob. I usually put a baking soda paste on them and bandage it up. And nightly Epsom salt and tea tree oil baths to draw out the sting. It does make a difference. Antibiotics never worked for me either. Just 'old fashioned' treatments. Lemon water/tea as well. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->