Basal Body Temperature During Pregnancy?

MollyGrue

Reaction score
Morning!

I've kept tracking my BBT, just out of habit, and I've noticed that over the last two days, I've had a bit of a drop. I went from 98.3/4 to 98.1 to 97.8. Is this something that I should be worried about? My typical temperature prior to ovulation was about 97.3. I'm 6+1 today.

I don't know much about the post + temps but I can tell you that my temps peaked around 13DPO and have gone down slightly. You can take a look at my chart. How long do you plan to temp for? I haven't decided when I will stop.

I haven't decided when to stop, honestly. I think I do it now more out of habit than anything, since I really can't seem to find any definite information about what your temp does during pregnancy. I may try to stop before too long (I'm 23 DPO!), but I just can't help but bust out that thermometer (and the pregnancy tests, for that matter). I might be slightly OCD.

I stopped temping after I missed my period. I drive myself crazy enough as it is - the last thing I need is one more thing to obsess over, lol.

Since it took me so long to get pregnant I worry about all the small twitches and aches so it makes me feel better. I may decide to stop after my first ultrasound. I'm good with the PG tests. I did an ovulation test to check if I was PG then went for a blood test. I go for another blood test tomorrow.

I wish I had someone doing blood tests! I don't even have an appointment with my OB until January 6th. I think that's what's killing me - I don't have any reassurance that things are progressing like they should, and no confirmation that my hormones are doing what should be done. I feel like I'm just waving around in the dark. I don't like it.

I wish I had someone doing blood tests! I don't even have an appointment with my OB until January 6th. I think that's what's killing me - I don't have any reassurance that things are progressing like they should, and no confirmation that my hormones are doing what should be done. I feel like I'm just waving around in the dark. I don't like it.

I am very sorry to hear that. I am being monitored but I'm still clueless now. I thought the process would be so much clearer.

My temps kept dropping when I was pg with my son, so I stopped temping as it was stressing me out, best thing I did.

Yes, it seems like everyone is getting monitored but me! I don't know if it was because I am new to the area, and therefore don't have a regular OB/GYN, so I'm going in as a new patient, or what. I called, I don't know, 6 different doctors? None of them would see me before January 6th.

I'm going to stay away from the thermometers, I think, and just be thankful for every day that passes uneventfully!

I'm in the same boat Molly - I'm new to the area and don't have a regular GYN even (just moved here in November). I called a few different doctors and none of them wanted to see me until 8 weeks! One of them that I called doesn't do a scan until 18 weeks along.

In the end I went with the office who offered me both bloodwork first to confirm (I had blood drawn today at 4w4d) and a dating scan once levels have hit 2000. Even though I get the scan, I don't meet with the doctor until 8 weeks...so I feel like I'm floundering around with no clue. I'm a bit of a control freak so knowing there's nothing I can do to verify that things are really OK in there is driving me nuts. I have finally given up on pregnancy tests, which is good because otherwise we'll have no money left if we actually have a successful pregnancy...I should buy stock in First Response.

Anyway, I'm feeling totally lost also. I have no close friends who have been pregnant either, so no one to ask questions to. The internet has become both my best and my worst friend.

I called the midwife office and I think they said they see people at 11 weeks.

I was going to a fertility clinic because I had trouble getting PG so they are the ones monitoring me till the midwife takes over. I still feel lost. I had the test to confirm PG and then I went in today for another blood test to ensure that my numbers are increasing.

I just asked them today what was next and they said that they do an ultrasound at about 5 weeks.

I guess they monitor us more closely because there is an extremely high chance of multiples. I could be PG with 1-4 babies right now but based on my beta I think it's only one. I hope to confirm that at the 5 week scan.

I have a friend with quads - it's amazing the types of things they've figured out to make caring for four babies easier! Are you hoping for multiples? Or would you prefer just one?

Is that a weird question to ask? I hope not.

I don't think it's a strange question at all. We are looking forward to twins but really don't think we can handle anything more.

I just got my second beta back today and it's only 1007 so I am thinking its just one. I was told I can go in for my first ultrasound as of January second so I am really looking forward to that. From everything I have seen online they should be able to tell if it is multiples at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->