Bassinet? Co-sleeping? Crib?

firsttime83

Reaction score
What is everyone doing for the first few months? I was going to buy a travel playpen and keep that in the room, but didnt look that cozy...

Looked at a moses basket, but didnt look very sturdy...

Now Im doing a 180 and back to a traditional bassinet...

Whats it everyones thoughts and plans?

I thought about just using her crib at first but I don't know whether or not babies are supposed to sleep in cribs right away?

Anyway I'm using a bassinet.

I bought the Bowery Bassinet from Babyletto. It's in our bedroom. Depending on how the baby is, he will sleep in there or with me/DH in our bed. I am hoping to transition him to his own room by 6 months.

I've got a Moses basket by the bed, it's fairly sturdy and rocks backwards and forwards rather then side to side :).

I have a pack n play with newborn napper all set up by our bed and planned to keep her in there for the first 3 months..although I'm hearing now they recommend that they sleep in your room for the first 6 months...

Lo will be in a Rock N Play next to our bed for a month and a half or so.... then on to the crib!

I didnt have a bassinet with my first so this time I am treating myself to the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Bassinet to put right up against our bed. I will have our pack and play with the little napping area set up downstairs. We had a crib in our room with our daughter and I was in pain and found it difficult having to bend over into the crib to pick her up (especially in the middle of the night). Hopefully after our second baby we will figure out what works best :flower:.

I have a pack and play with a bassinet I plan on sitting at the end of our bed for the first 6 weeks or so. Then transitioning her into her room, and sleeping with her 4 hours or so a night between feedings. It's good for baby to sleep with you a little to mimic your breathing.

A friend of ours gave us an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper/Bassinet, so that's what we'll be using initially. It seems like it will be really great. Not yet sure what we'll be doing when he gets bigger, starts pulling himself up. Was thinking about getting a crib that will convert to a toddler bed/day bed, but not sure where we'd put it. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

We have a pack and play in our room, as well as a safe and secure sleeper that's like a little nest that goes in our bed. I'll probably use that mostly until DH gets used to the idea of co-sleeping. :)

I didn't have a bassinet with my first DS, and I regretted it. I used the attachment to the pack n' play, but it was small, barely inclined, and he hated it. Anyway, I got a bassinet this time with an incline! I love it, and I know it will be well worth it. :)

I used a bassinet with my first baby and am using it with this baby as well. I love it!!!!! I could make the top part the same height as our bed, so my partner or I could just roll over and peek on the baby, depending on who was sleeping next to it that night. Also, we could grab him out of it without needing to get up, but we still didn't have to worry about accidentally rolling over onto him or anything. That's why co-sleeping creeped me out. I move a lot in my sleep, so when we tried to cosleep, I was up all night making sure I didn't roll onto the baby.

Co-sleeping but also have a Moses' basket and a space saving cot which is a cross between a crib and a cot in size terms. The space saving cot is currently next to our bed still even though my youngest outgrew it a few months ago, it's just too awkward and bulky to store so it's still there. It does have a drop side and the highest mattress setting would make it like a co sleeper but we only have a mattress on the floor for our bed at the moment as we have found it better on our backs so the cot is way too high off the ground in comparison xx

LO will be in a Moses basket to start and then cot by our bed once they're too big for the basket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->