Bath inserts??

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
when i bath my baby she seems to squirm a lot and fling her arms and legs out in the bath, sometimes she cries but sometimes she doesnt, i was wondering about getting the baby shaped sponge to put in the bath that holds her to see if she'll feel more secure, just wondering if any mums on here have used it and how you all rate it..are they a good investment or just a waste of money??:shrug:

Imo the sponges arent very good. They get dirty very easily because its a sponge.

Theres other supports you can get that arent the hard plastinc ones.

I have same problem although I have a chair I want one lower because my hot water runs out quick on the bath. seen a couple on eBay this AM but not sure yet as Ive not looked properly.

Im just about to bath her and Im going to put a towel in the bath folded at the top like a pillow - then I have a wash to go on anyway you see so in the towel willl go with that :D

Sponges aren't meant to be great but then again Im not sure how or if they can be washed because I'd easily give a quick was on one of those (if it can be) therefore it will be clean for next use & not soaked with dirty water. Been thinking about this too.

i use the sponge and i love it - just give it a really good rise out afterwards and change every 6mts or so - i was always worried about them slipping in the bath

I use the sponge too, and think it's great.

Now that he's sitting up, he sits on the sponge to protect his little botty and plays with his toys.

Cx

Hi

I've use a hard plastic bath support from mothercare, it fully supports the baby so you have two hands free to bath them. Another wee trick is to get a flannel and wet it with the bath water and lie it over their chest/tummy - this helps to keep them warm and give them reassurance (just keep on splashing more warm bath water over it to keep it warm).

We have this one Lucy, havent given it a go yet, as Im not planning on bathing baby Tom just yet as both Charlie and I have excema,

i have a bath chair which is fab, i dont have to hold Adam atall in the bath.

My friend had the sponge and she swears by it, i guess its what your comfy with.

I do the same as Lucy, i have always put a fannel on my kids bellys/chest while in the bath to keep them warm

x

ive used the sponge, great for when babies small, i did have the chair for the bath which i found great, you do need to run quite a deep bath tho. although now callum is so long that i just lie him in a shallow bath, which he loves cos he can have a good old splash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->