Bath Time Question...

mommieof22007

Mommy OF Two
Reaction score
My 13 Month old Daughter,

Just HATES BATHS with A Passion!!!!

What Can I do TO Get Her to Literally stop screaming bloody murder and enjoy a bath??

:hissy::hissy::hissy::hissy:

Any bath toys that you can get her to play with outside the bath that she'll like, that might distract her from the fact that she's in the bath?!

Or can you take her in the bath with you? x

Gosh, my little ones loved baths. I always made it super exciting by even just using excitement in my voice since they were babies and no matter what they were doing, they stopped and couldn't wait to get in the bath.

Do you think she may be scared of the water? Sometimes they go through a stage as such.

Caitlin loves baths & showers although shes not quite 8 months shes had the shock of a shower for a while now laughs under it haha

A fun toy for in the bath she will enjoy - one she can only play with in the bath :confused:

Does she have baths with her brother? Just wondering if that might make it more fun for her....

Sorry i haven't replyed as i have been Busy !

But ive tried, Toys, Baths with bubba and everything she just literally HATES them it seems like,

I Know shes scared when bubbie is in bc he splashes and everything and it just makes everything worse

I Have tried putting her in with me, and my husband, a shower, everything she just has hated them since she was like 4 months old.. so i dunno...

Thanks everyone :)

my little guy went through a time where he didn't like the bath as well, so i tried him in the kitchen sink and he loved it for some reason or another, worked to get him clean and he was happy.

Had this with my daughter from about 3 to about 4 years old.

She just screamed as if I was murdering her.

:hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

At some point she just stopped. No reason no explaination. She could not tell me why she hated a bath, she just was.

Hahaha... I look back now and remember all the people who didn't believe me (or didn't believe she was that petrified of the bath) and offered to help. :: snicker ::

My mother tried one time, and she didnt' have a hold of her properly and DD escaped right over the top of her... Drenched my dear ma. :rofl:

Sometime when she was four, she just stopped being scared. Now she's on a swim team and competetively swims all year round, takes hour long showers :dohh: and I can't keep her out of the damn water...

Hang in there, if you can't find a reason - chances are, he'll grow out of it.

:hug:

thannks.. i will have to try the kitchen sink...

and yeah my son is a fish its ahrd to get him out of water

Haven't been there, so can't suggest from personal experience.
What about getting her to give her dolly/ies a bath everyday? Someone mentioned using this trick with toenail clipping the other day (sorry, I can't remember who)?

I will have to find a dolly of hers she likes, that wont short out when in water lol

Haven't been there, so can't suggest from personal experience.
What about getting her to give her dolly/ies a bath everyday? Someone mentioned using this trick with toenail clipping the other day (sorry, I can't remember who)?

Bethanie is going through this stage at the moment, difference is that she has always loved bathtime.. used to get really excited and would have a paddy when you tried to get her out. Now, I think I know the problem.. she gets really excited about "cog" (the plug), but when I take it out she jumps up and says "cog cog" with her arms in the air. It's like she thinks it;s cool, but she is also nervous at the same time. Do you think it could be something similar with your little one?? and is there a particular part of bathtime that she hates? (having hair washed or similar).

Oh NO as soon as she sits down its instant screaming i wish it was only one little thing i could omit from a bath time but if i did that she would start smelling bad :rofl:

Bethanie is going through this stage at the moment, difference is that she has always loved bathtime.. used to get really excited and would have a paddy when you tried to get her out. Now, I think I know the problem.. she gets really excited about "cog" (the plug), but when I take it out she jumps up and says "cog cog" with her arms in the air. It's like she thinks it;s cool, but she is also nervous at the same time. Do you think it could be something similar with your little one?? and is there a particular part of bathtime that she hates? (having hair washed or similar).

Sorry I couldn't be much help lol, lets just hope it passes soon... I feel for you!

Don't feel bad, its kinda amusing at times lol shes fine as long as she dont notice water, lol odd yes

Sorry I couldn't be much help lol, lets just hope it passes soon... I feel for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->