bathing baby?

M

Maman

so my plan is to leave it as long as possible before i bath baby as i feel that i dont want to wash the goodness off his skin. how long did you leave it?

LO had her first bath at around 2 weeks old but I washed any dirty bits (sweaty hands!) as and when needed before that. I'd just start bathing when a bath is a quicker and easier option than wiping bits that get dirty. I'm not sure much 'goodness' remains after the first few days anyway.

I gave him a wipe down on the third day, only water. I took him in the tub with me on the sixth day - again, only washed with water. He doesn't need any soaps to get him clean.

I can't imagine going much longer, as this little guy likes to have explosive pees and poops everywhere.

i'll be doing tops and tails daily but as far as actual baths i wont for atleast a week or 2.

Tom had his first bath in just water at about 5 days old when we were still in hospital. Why what does the goodness do if it stays on?

I think it was at about 10 days old, can't remember. I left hospital when she was 4 days and I think it was the next weekend.

i dont know, i just dont want to upset his skin, myself and my son have really sensitive skin and i guess the natural oils must be good. Hes 12 days now, his cord fell off yesterday so i was thinking of at least waiting till its all healed. (plus im sick, i love how he smells!) oh has suggested we bath him, and im not keen on it.

hes had a rub down with olive oil and a top to toe with water and the teensiest drop of weleda calendula when he had sick on him.

Ours was the show bath on day 2 when still in hospital. After that we only bathed him weekly until about 6wks when we now bathe every other day (more often than I manage!) and it's amazing how dirty he can get :)

Amy had her first bath in the hospital, however after a few weeks she went into a pavlik harness and was unable to have a proper bath for 5 months. I can say with 100% certainty that there wasn't much goodness on her skin by the end of that, the harness nearly walked off on its own when she was finally rid of it lol.

ok ok maybe its partly a me not wanting to let go thing. ive agreed to let my husband bath him on friday.

ok ok maybe its partly a me not wanting to let go thing. ive agreed to let my husband bath him on friday.

I like the idea of being able to keep the newborn smell without masking it with soap!

Water should be enough though x

We topped and tailed and did under armpits from about day 2 or three. Didn't give him a proper bath until 3 weeks though as it took 19 days for his cord to fall off.

They washed him in the hospital on his first day, but he didn't get a proper bath until 2 weeks. Then we waited and bathed him again a week later. But at 4 weeks he started taking "tubby's" everyday as a bedtime routine. Plus he just loves splashing in the water. I use soap every other day unless he has a really messy diaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->