Bathing LO - How often?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Its not suppose to be every day is it?

I see some say bath then lay down for the night can help but every night?

i used to every day, but got advised against it, so changed to every 2-3-4th day(dependant on sick etc lol)

Can give her a little wash down like (is it called top & tail or something?) but was wondering about the whole bath & bed thing. ACE if it works Im probably doing it at wrong times when its convenient through that day but if it works to relax her bit naff it will only be every so many days? :rofl:

see bathing mine just wakes the lil buggers up :rofl: even from wen they were teeny, bathing them was never part of their bedtime routine( i used to do it in mornin) tho i know some people have sucessfully managed to bath feed then bed :D

Gonna use half a bottle of baby bathtime!!! :rofl:

i cudnt use tht :( am allergic, is full of perfume[-(

When Bethanie was much younger, I used to top and tail her most of the time as it's not good for their skin every day. Also she has eczema which was much worse at the time, so I didn't overdo it - maybe every 3 days.

I now bath her every other day, times vary.. usually if I want her to chill out (before her afternoon nap, or before bed).

~Bethanie can't use Johnsons products (only the shampoo and some moisturiser) because it makes her skin go all red and sore.

We usually bath Ollie every other day. Too much tends to dry out his skin i find x

bathing isn't a bedtime routine for us either, as I do not want to cause her getting problems with her skin!
she had as well very dry skin at birth, which was even bloody cracked around her ankles and wrists!

although it is all baby-blabla I do not think it is good to use the stuff every day.

we do the top and tail every day and bathing 'bout every three days or if we have a poo accident (Juleika has still quite explosive stools! sometimes shooting over the top of the nappy, although we now went for the next bigger size!)

I bath Frankie every evening, but not because I feel she needs to be bathed that frequently...its because;
A) I bath Ky every night (because he REALLY needs a bath every day) so she has one with him.
B) She really loves the bath, gets very excited about it and it does really settle her before her last feed.

Ky had really sensitive skin as a baby and I didn't bath him every night because of it and when I did bath him I had to use Oilatum in the bath and the cream afterwards.

Im going against the grain, I bath Lucy every night, babies sweat too, and often their little crease lines (where they are chubby) get red so I like to bath her.

She gets bathed every evening and her hair washed, nice and fresh, and god do i love the smell of her when she is bathed.

Johnsons lavender bed time bath all the way!xx

mine had baths every 2-3 days and top n tailed in between , if i felt they particularly needed it then i would do more often obviously. Now they r older they have a bath evry other night unless dirty from daytime activities, which is quite often!!xx

Kieran is 18month and has a bath every night -and always sleeps through. (Not sure if this is WHY he sleps through though lol, but he always has)

we bathed rhys every night until recently, now its every other night but he does settle better after a bath

we bath Ewan twice a week, if i do it any more than that he gets very dry skin. and he has a wash every night before bed, face nech hands etc.

Im going against the grain, I bath Lucy every night, babies sweat too, and often their little crease lines (where they are chubby) get red so I like to bath her.

She gets bathed every evening and her hair washed, nice and fresh, and god do i love the smell of her when she is bathed.

Johnsons lavender bed time bath all the way!xx
Id love to bath Bethanie every day, she enjoys it so much. I love that baby bath smell (Johnsons shampoo is the best, I sit there sniffing her hair afterwards lol and shes all cuddly after her bath). Unfortunately because of her eczema, her creases etc would get sore and worse than if I didn't bath her - it's getting better now she is older, but I used to top and tail her every morning when she was newborn and bath her less often.

i was advised 3-4 days a week or it will make there skin all dry,can then cause excema

Ours have a bath every night as part of their bedtime routine.

Bath - Feed - Bed - Story.

Works a treat and no dry skin!

I bath Rae every second day but when she was a baby I gave her a bath every night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->