Bathing straight after sex???

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So before we were ttc we always used condoms even tho I was on the pill mainly because we didn't want any accidents if either failed but also cos I feel a bit dirty and like I want to go and have a bath after unprotected sex but I'm trying not to go for a bath straight after sex so I don't wash all the :sperm: away now we're tcc but I was wondering:

Does anyone else feel like this? Is it normal?

And how long do you think I should wait before having a bath after ttc sex?

Thanks xxxx

oh and i always rinse/bath after, even when we were TTC.

I've showered after a couple times..
I don't think it will effect ttc though. :)
But just incase, i'd wait at least 30 min.

I really don't think it will matter but should should stay laying down for 30 min just in-case.

We always shower after, I try to lay down for at least 15 mins first though just in case. I am the same as you, we alway used condoms as well as me being on the pill because I didn't want to deal with the mess afterwards either.

I put a pillow under my bum last time and it wasn't as 'messy' as usual so maybe ill do that more often!! ?:D then go for a bath after 30 mins!! :D

I'm the same way, I feel really dirty afterwards. It's actually caused me to lose interest, which really sucks because we are[/i] TTC. I usually wait a while before showering, just to give the little spermies time to work their magic.

I've heard you shouldn't shower/bath too hot as the spermies don't like it... :)

Good news! There is no reason you shouldn't be able to take a bath after sex. Your vagina is waterproof. And sealed. Water can't just leak in. Unless you used a turkey baster to put water in you to take out the sperm, then there's no way it can affect your likeliness of pregnancy :) men over time can suffer from lower quality sperm and sperm count if they frequently go in hot tubs, but even then, it's not enough to effect that much. Sperm is too fast of a swimmer to be affected by anything after he's ejaculated in you. Even if you cleaned out yourself really fast or tried one of those jump up and down birth control shake loose the sperm tactics. And apparently raising your legs or sitting there half an hour doesn't do much either. I got this from a list of myths and misconceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->