Bathtime Blues

alloyd519

Mom of Twins & TTC #3
Reaction score
So everynight when I give the girls a bath everything is fine, they love splashing in the water, until . . I have to wash their hair. They pretty much go crazy, it's fine when im putting the shampoo in but when I rinse it out they scream so loud, I swear people probably thing i'm beating them! And it's tear-free shampoo and I try very hard not to get water in their face, and even if I don't it's still very loud! :hissy:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make bathtime more pleasant? It's the one thing I hate doing just due to the loud screams I get!!

Any suggestions would be very helpful!! :hugs:

I have the same problem with Erica. She loves bath time, she even tries to climb in her ducky bath when its not bath time. But as soon as I get her pelican out (what I use to pour the water) she starts getting all upset. She literally stands up while I'm trying to wash her hair. I wait until the very end of bath time to wash her hair, and do it very quickly. I also try to keep the water out of her face, and use tear free shampoo, but she kinda throws her head back while I'm washing. :dohh: Sometimes I try to distract her with a ducky or toy while I wash her hair, and it will distract her for a couple seconds lol. Hopefully someone has a better answer tho!

Its great to see you and see your girls, I haven't seen you on for a while. I hope things with the girls are great, and your dh is safe and at home!

I wonder if its a girl thing. I have had the same problem with my little girl. I just do it as quickly as I can. She is getting used to it and she has started enjoying having a bucket of water tipped over her head, which helps because it makes the whole process a game. She hated baths when she was little until my boyfriend bought her a bath seat. She quickly gained confidence and didn't need the chair for very long atall. (thanks anyway lover!!) She then loved bath time apart from hair washing. It has just been a mixture of avoiding the need to wash her hair along with making it as fun as possible when I had too. Talking to my bf who has 9yr old girl and 4yr old boy. His girly had the same reaction as mine and his boy loved it from the start, as did my 3yr old nephew. 2 yr old neice same reaction as yours and mine. I don't suppose my theory is right. Im sure there are lots of girls who are fine with hair wasing from the start. I am also sure there is no best way to deal with it. I just kept reminding myself there are very few children and grown ups (especialy girls) who scream when they have to wash their hair. So I am sure it will all turn out ok, however you choose to battle (lovingly of course) through the hair washing.
Try my bath song!
It helps mine calm down
Splish splash splish I'm like a little fish
Splosh splash splosh I need to have a wash
Put on my soap and play with my boat
It's time for my bath*
Splish splosh splash

* bath must be sung with a northern accent otherwise the 'splash' at the end dosn't work

you can buy things that go round their head so nothing goes in their face they probably wont even know your washing there hair with it on i have one here never used it as my baby has no hair lol

Haha Pixi, I love the song! Especially the "have to sing it with a northern accent" part! And thanks Burton, we're all doing good, finally out of Korea and back at home in the US, but now Hubby's in Hawaii for the warrior transition program ( he hurt his back and left arm in Iraq ) but he should be home soon, thank God, I don't know how much longer I can do it with these two by myself!!

I'm gonna look around for those (im guessing kinda like a visor?) for the girls, I just get worried because when I rinse out the shampoo they try and stand up and get out of the bathtub and I don't want them falling and hitting their head!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

not sure about where you live but in england they sell them in boots maybe try looking on ebay? they hardly cost much

Not very helpfull I know, but I always had the screaming abdabs when I had my hair washed too. Must have been about 5 before I grew out of it. Just used to panic regardless of the shampoo used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->