• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BBC Doc - Childbirth - All or Nothing

mummyruston

New mummy to baby girl
Reaction score
Did anyone watch the bbc1 documentary on Tuesday evening about childbirth?

It's on the iplayer / catch up....

Yes I watched it! I found it really interesting. However I found it was all different extremes, there was no woman who had a hospiral birth and had some gas and air or possibly some diamorphine or an epidural. It was women with very set views rather than going with the flow like most women I imagine do xx

I'm watching it now and it's far from OBEM!

I remember some of the terminology and birthing ideas from my #1 pregnancy NCT classes.

Like you say - it's very extreme. Probably why they've done it so it's a far cry from OBEM.

I loved it! I thought it was very refreshing x

I've just watched it with OH. Told him I now want a lotus birth so he can wash and season my placenta!!! Lol

I've just watched it with OH. Told him I now want a lotus birth so he can wash and season my placenta!!! Lol

Lol I'm planning to watch this on catch up after seeing snippets of it on Fridays Gogglebox.. My hubby was extremely confused by the baby with the seasoned placenta! :haha:

I think I enjoyed the programme all the more because I watched it with the OH and watching his face throughout was just hilarious. Great watching though x

Watched this yesterday, each to their own but wow! I can't believe the husband of the too posh to push woman... "will she be ok to fly long haul 3 days after" !! and that lotus birth thing looks gross.

I'd love a lotus birth but quite frankly it's just not going to work well with my nutty 3 year old about. Haven't seen the show yet but can't wait to watch as I hate OBEM so hopefully it'll be refreshing viewing.

Thanks for posting this! I missed it but watched it on iplayer :flower:

Not fussed with the placenta keeping or eating thing myself. I've been in the animal breeding business for years and half of those don't get eaten, but they always get torn off by the mother quite quickly. Each to their own tho, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if people want to eat or wait for it to drop off! Might pong a bit tho!

The freebirth lady had a point, but what if baby got stuck etc. a midwife can usually sort that out quite easily, but you can't do it yourself so well, as you're a bit busy!! I'm sure the loss/risk rate must go up with no experienced help on hand.

I had a hands off birth with my second, consultant led, in hospital, so it's not like they always interfere. The only thing my midwife did was observe, check my bp/baby's heart now and again and give the placenta a bit of traction as it was a bit stubborn. I was not prodded poked or told to do anything, she just let me crack on with labour and breathe him out, on all fours, into my own hands!

The csection lady was obviously just terrified of losing her baby. I can empathise with those feelings. She was very brave having a csection with no medical need, twice. Bless her. Again not for me, but I would have my care privately if I could afford it!! A champagne supper after delivery sounds bloody marvellous, beats toast and a cup of tea :haha:

I'd love a lotus birth but quite frankly it's just not going to work well with my nutty 3 year old about.

Twice I've had 3 year olds when Lotus Birthing. They were quite interested in the placenta and afterwards we found photos on the camera of the placenta that our toddlers took. They did clamber about me and the baby which made me nervous until I noticed how they seemed to instinctively be careful of the baby and the placenta.

BTW if you are Lotus Birthing and there is any pong...you're doing it wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->