BBT Charting after a MC

sleonie

Reaction score
I have decided to start BBT charting following my recent MMC (no.2). I have never done it before as I got my BFP on our first cycle last time just from watching out for my EWCM.

I would like to pick the brains of all the avid BBT charters out there on baby and bump... :thumbup:

Firstly, when should I start charting following my MMC?

I have read the charting can help you identify the kind of problems you might be having with your fertility - has anyone had this experience?

Also, I have read that BBT charting can help you recognise when you are having a MC - has anyone continued to monitor their BBT whilst in the their first trimester and found this?

I don't want to become obsessive about monitoring :nope: - but if I have enough positive response to my questions above - it would seem that at least trying to monitor my BBT may help me to feel like I am understanding my body and my fertility a bit better which cant hurt, can it? :coffee:

:hugs: for everyone here!

Well, I wouldn't call myself an avid charter, but I do it. Did it when TTC my son and then after having 2 MCs this time around I started charting again (in conjunction with using OPKs). It can make you a bit obsessive, from what I've found, but it also makes me feel in control or at the very least, aware of what is going on in my body. I think it's a great tool when TTC. I have found that you have to be very diligent about doing it at the same time EVERY day for it to be meaningful. In fact, if you are off at all on your timing, you need to adjust accordingly (e.g., if you usually test at 6am and one day wake up late and test at 8am, you need to decrease the temp reading by .4 (-.1 for each half hour you are late, or +.1 for each half hour you are early). Take your BBT right when you wake up, don't drink or talk or anything first. If you use OKPs are the same time, you can see your LH surge coming and then your BBT chart can confirm the day you O'd (the day after O you should see a temp spike of >.4).

I don't know about being able to see the signs of MC with BBT, because once I got my last BFP I stopped charting.

Oh, and you should start when you start a new cycle - so after you MC, once you have your first AF, start then. It's not really meaningful if you start mid-cycle. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->