BBT help

amygrrrango

Reaction score
I am new to BBT and having only been doing it for a few days.

However, I believe I ovulated earlier this week and my temperate continues to rise - yesterday was up .2 and today up .3 degrees. I got a BFN earlier this week, too.

I know BBT stays elevated post-O until AF arrives, but is it normal for it to increase that much each day?

Thanks for your help!

You say earlier this week for your ovulation.. so your what 3-4 DPO. You wont get a positive pregnancy test yet, its way to early!. Wait atleast 10DPO, and if your BBT is continue to rise its a good thing! x

I am new to BBT to. Im starting in the mornig. I dont understand exactly how it all works and what to look for but guess i will get it figured out lol when does your temp start to rise? :shrug:

Hopefully I can help, here's a layman's version of bbt:
CD 1 - Temp will be low, possibly your lowest temp all month, but that varies.
CD 13-? Temp will rise anywhere from .5 to 1 degree F the day after ovulation.
4 dpo - some women get a slight dip in temp, this is due to an estrogen surge.
6 dpo - 12 dpo - some women see another dip at time of implantation, but that's a small percentage of women who get that.
Few days before AF arrives - temp will start to decline again

I hope that helps give you an idea of what to look for. If you need anymore tips let me know! :dust: to you all!

6 dpo - 12 dpo - some women see another dip at time of implantation, but that's a small percentage of women who get that.

I hope that helps give you an idea of what to look for. If you need anymore tips let me know! :dust: to you all!

That helps more than u know lol so the rise in temp means you already o'ed. Thats why most use the opks as well as BBT. ok now im starting to understand!

You say earlier this week for your ovulation.. so your what 3-4 DPO. You wont get a positive pregnancy test yet, its way to early!. Wait atleast 10DPO, and if your BBT is continue to rise its a good thing! x

Sorry I didnt post the whole story in this thread. Last had AF on June 20, so I thought I Oed around July 5, followed by some spotting. Then I had about 5 days of bleeding, which I assumed was mid-cycle bleeding, not AF again two weeks later. Therefore I was expecting AF this past Sunday, so when I was 4 days late with sore bbs and mild cramping, I HPT with BFN. So I concluded that it must have been AF and therefore these exaggerated O symptoms are a result of coming off BC in May. Crazy, wacky things happening. :( So now I missed this O, so have to wait a few weeks. :( But this next cycle will include BBTband OPK.

Thank you so much!! Is it normal though for it to increase by .2-.3 degrees each DPO? (fairly certain I Oed).

Yes, it can be a gradual increase after O. Mine was this month, it was like .3 each day for 3 days, then it stayed up around the same range until 3 days before AF arrived where it started to drop again.

The best way to really pinpoint O is to use OPK's and bbt. OPKs will tell you when you are about to O, and bbt will tell you after you O'd. So the two combined give the most information. I use clearblue digital opk twice a day starting a few days before expected O, and I keep using until I get a negative. Read this link, it explains how the digital ones work, I found this so helpful! https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/235646.aspx

I also use preseed lubricant, expensive but highly recommended from other ttc ladies. Softcups are a good idea, and cheap and easy to use. I also started taking mucinex (regular not DM) this month a couple days before O. Anything to help right?

Yes, it can be a gradual increase after O. Mine was this month, it was like .3 each day for 3 days, then it stayed up around the same range until 3 days before AF arrived where it started to drop again.

The best way to really pinpoint O is to use OPK's and bbt. OPKs will tell you when you are about to O, and bbt will tell you after you O'd. So the two combined give the most information. I use clearblue digital opk twice a day starting a few days before expected O, and I keep using until I get a negative. Read this link, it explains how the digital ones work, I found this so helpful! https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/235646.aspx

I also use preseed lubricant, expensive but highly recommended from other ttc ladies. Softcups are a good idea, and cheap and easy to use. I also started taking mucinex (regular not DM) this month a couple days before O. Anything to help right?

Thank you so, so much!!:hugs:

Sorry I didnt post the whole story in this thread. Last had AF on June 20, so I thought I Oed around July 5, followed by some spotting. Then I had about 5 days of bleeding, which I assumed was mid-cycle bleeding, not AF again two weeks later. Therefore I was expecting AF this past Sunday, so when I was 4 days late with sore bbs and mild cramping, I HPT with BFN. So I concluded that it must have been AF and therefore these exaggerated O symptoms are a result of coming off BC in May. Crazy, wacky things happening. :( So now I missed this O, so have to wait a few weeks. :( But this next cycle will include BBTband OPK.

ooo ok lol thought you were testing at like 3-4DPO and were disappointed or something lol..

Good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->