BBT vs OPK?

AdibaB

Reaction score
Hey ladies! Need some input. So I've been charting, temping, opk and such this past cycle. I'm on CD 14 and I had a temp spike today of .4, I use Fertility Friend and the line on the chart is a dotted line. I took an OPK which came up darker then all the others that I've used but still lighter then the control line. I feel slight cramping and twinges on one side of my abdomen, my CM was creamyish and water (sorry if tmi) I'm wondering if I'm Oing todayor what's going on? Should I get a positive OPK if I am Oing? Thanks!

Can you share link to your chart?
When did you get your real positive opk? How long are your cycles.

Generally I'd say go with bbt but I'd still like to see your chart.

You theoretically should get a positive OPK if you're ovulating but it could have been missed if your LH surge is short or the urine wasn't concentrated enough. A positive OPK is usually a day or so before O but can also be the day of :flower:

No way of knowing right now - since you haven't had a positive OPK and you don't have EWCM, I tend to think your temp spike today was just a temp spike Who knows, maybe you had a vivid dream shortly before waking up that had you moving around a little. I would just keep watching your temp to see if it stays high for 3 days, and assume you haven't ovulated until you see that.

Wonder why you would get crosshairs if you only had one spike though...
I thought ff wanted three days of higher temps to give crosshairs.

:shrug:

I would go by the chart instead of the opk. Opk's are definitely not an exact science. The results are dependent on a lot of things not related to ovulation....time of day test is taken, amount of liquids consumed, and even how much dye is in the test.

OPKs vary based on the concentration of your urine. LH can stay in your urine for several days after a surge. I never trust them. It's all about the BBT. Unfortunately, only time will tell if the BBT is correct. A dotted line on FF means it's relatively certain you ovulated. What have your temps been doing since then? I see this thread is a few days old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->