BBT - Walgreens, CVS, or BD Basal

Jokerette

Mama of 2
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am thinking of switching BBT thermometer next month. Currently I used Walgreens (pink) and it clearly has "favorite" repeat temps. It makes me feel like it can't be that accurate. 97.18, 97.45, etc...

I am debating between the CVS purple one, which can take a long time to take your temp (3 mins), or the BD Basal one from Amazon. But that one only goes out 1 decimal point, and it beeps every 4 seconds until it is done temping, which my husband would not love. TCOYF says only 1 decimal point is needed so thats okay, and the BD one is I think recommended by TCOYF.

Any real-life thoughts, experiences on CVS vs. BD basal?

I used CVS (purple) part of last month (my toddler hid it on me for a few days. I also used it again this cycle. I read on here about repeat temps., so I went back and reviewed mine and no repeats! I got a BFP on my 2nd cycle of BBT.:dust: for you!

I read "taking charge of your fertility" and the author says that the 2 numbers beyond the decimal are unnecessary. Only one is. After I read that, I chose the BD Basal.

I use the Walgreens (pink) one and haven't had any issues with it. How do you temp? Oral or vaginal?

Orally. I have since found a ton of message boards that talk about the Walgreens pink one having some set temps that they go to a lot.
https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/30849966.aspx?MsdVisit=1
One person was suspicious of if it was an attempt by walgreens to make it "look" like it was accurate to the 100th of a degree, but maybe it's not as accurate and it just rounds tk the closest of it's preprogrammed temps!

If you look at my chart you will now notice that I am starting to get some of the same temps. I don't know if this is just my body or something that I should be worried about with the bbt??

Hm... yeah maybe try buying another one and doing a few weeks of comparison since its not good to change thermometers mid cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->