BBTers... a question...

AllMacsNow

Surprise! Preggo!
Reaction score
For those of you who have been temping for a while, how much of a temp. increase do you usually get on the first day after O?

Hi!

Mine vary but then again my cycles have varied too. This cycle my temp went up .7 degrees from 97.5 to 98.2. Ive only had one temp since that jump so O hasn't been officially confirmed by temps, but I got a very strong opk the day before the jump.

Anyway if I'm not mistaken, the 'golden rule' is that it should rise .4 degrees (fahrenheit) or more after ov, BUT Im sure this varies so much from person to person. Some people have a more gradual rise?

Good luck!

ETA: it's really more about the post O temp being above the coverline, which is drawn at .1 degrees above the highest temp of the six previous temps.

Lastly, this is my first cycle temping vaginally compared to orally, and I've found my pre-O temps to be so much more consistent! I highly recommend (just dont switch mid-cycle).

Thank you SO MUCH! That helps a lot.

This is my first cycle charting, and I was getting a little antsy. I'm up .5 degrees F today, and figured that was a good sign, but wasn't sure. I had never heard that about where coverline is drawn, but the way you describe it makes total sense, and I'm well up above there today too, so I'll take it as a sign that we're entering our first TWW.

I may look into temping vaginally next cycle, if you really think it's more accurate. That helps too.

I really appreciate all your help!

:dust: to you

mine definitely has varied too. this cycle I went from 97.5 to 97.8 after ovulation, last cycle it was the same for a few days before going up (link in my siggy). confusing as all get-out initially! lol

mine definitely has varied too. this cycle I went from 97.5 to 97.8 after ovulation, last cycle it was the same for a few days before going up (link in my siggy). confusing as all get-out initially! lol

Congrats on your BFP. :D

It is definitely confusing, but I'm also sure I am not helping myself by overthinking everything :D

thank you! :hugs:

and yes, it's difficult to try and understand it, yet not get entirely stressed by it. :) my first cycle of charting I was TTA, but still found I was going batty with trying to understand it all. this cycle, I tried to be relaxed. but thankfully there are so many people who will help answer questions, which makes it a lot easier too, IMO.

best wishes with everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->