BD prior to HSG test?

beneathmywing

Reaction score
I'm getting an HSG test on Monday and now reading up online a lot of woman were told not to bd prior to it. Some people are saying from cd1 to the HSG test, some are saying 3 days before, some are saying 24 hours before. I was not told any of that. Anybody who has had this test done told not to bd prior??

U r not supposed to from cd1 to avoid ectopic. This is because if the sperm fertilizes the egg before then it might get washed into the stomach when the dye goes into the tubes. So i would abstain. I had one a cycle before my DD and I am having another one in 3 weeks (but I hope that i won't need it). So good luck xx

yep, exactly what the person above says.

I had one done before i fell pregnant and we had to abstain for about 2 weeks x

U r not supposed to from cd1 to avoid ectopic. This is because if the sperm fertilizes the egg before then it might get washed into the stomach when the dye goes into the tubes. So i would abstain. I had one a cycle before my DD and I am having another one in 3 weeks (but I hope that i won't need it). So good luck xx

Dont you think they would have told me this? I mean hello! Kind of important!!! Morans lol

i was given an information sheet when it was booked and it was all on there? along with details of how they carry out the procedure

When I had mine done they just said to use a condom when we BD. They said I had to be absolutely sure there was no chance of pregnancy because the dye and x-Ray would harm any developing baby

I find it odd that people say they arn't told... its basic information like dont eat before surgery (its also a bit of common sense though, who would risk being pregnant and having an invasive and dangerous procedure)

we have been told repeatedly no sex, if anything im annoyed they didn't give information on much else except dont have sex before and take ibuprofen - no one told us we CAN have sex afterwards :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->