Be honest....did you have a hunch?

With my first I knew, but with this pregnancy I didn't feel pregnant and only tested once I was late. Definitely didn't think it was going to happen the month that it did.

I've had "hunches" on months where I turned out not to be pregnant.
This time I kept my mind off it, I woke up on 8dpo having had a dream I was pregnant and I was... I wouldn't have tested so early if not for the dream.
But unless you actually have symptoms, concrete ones, I think hunches are really just wishful thinking

I thought I was going to get a bfp every month except the one we caught. Of course I still hoped, but I really didn't think it was my month because I had no usual symptoms and had basically given up and was sick of getting my hopes up. Definitely different to my last pregnancy where I had burning hot boobs in the tww!

No hunches really, every month that I got a negative ttc my second I was slightly convinced I was, wishful thinking really! I do know people who's hunches have been right though.

Every month I had a hunch even when I wasn't trying :haha: my indicator in both pregnancies was my DH i would ask him what he thought If this was our month when he said no he was right and when he said yes he was right he even predicted this pregnancy before I even ovulated :shrug: I got myself a free pregnancy test lol

For my second, I think I had just finally given up hope and resigned myself to it taking years. After 12 cycles of obsessively testing every day from about 8dpo, on the cycle that we finally conceived, I didn't test until my period was due, was not expecting it at all, but hot my BFP.

With my first and second no hunches. Complete shock.
With this one I had a strong hunch. I had taken a progesterone test and the nurse told me I did not ovulate and it was impossible I conceived that cycle. But immediately upon getting off the phone with her I thought "I bet I haven't ovulated yet..."
I spent the next couple of weeks waiting for Aunt Flo, but in the back of my mind I had a strong feeling I would be taking a pregnancy test.
It is still shocking to get that BFP.

Actually looking back to my first pregnancy, same thing as other ladies have said, I was convinced I was pregnant for months leading up to it and was disappointed, then had given up TTC and deciding to pursue other projects (actually paid an arm and a leg to start a course that started when my son was two weeks old so obviously I never went on it...) boom BFP. No symptoms at all, just a late period.

I got pregnant after a couple months, first month I had every symptom under the sun and was quietly optimistic I was indeed pregnant. My period was two weeks late that month as well typically! The month I got pregnant, no symptoms at all and I was pretty positive it wasn't my month! So any hunches I had were totally wrong!

I had no hunch. I thought our timing was totally wrong (I'm not too good at charting). Also my temps stayed low. When I saw the second line develop, I was shocked. I didn't really have symptoms or anything.

With my first pregnancy I SORT of had a hunch ... but it was just me being over-confident and optimistic and I was coincidentally right. I didn't have symptoms.

I did not have a hunch for my first pregnancy. I was shocked when I found out because I had just given up. Life loves to give you surprises when you are feeling your lowest!

This pregnancy (just found out a few days ago) I had a dream that a friend was telling me that my test would be positive. Tested the next morning and BFP!

I knew something was going on with my first. I had fake hunches every month, but when I was actually pregnant it was different. I even ordered a beer a few days past O and just couldn't bring myself to drink it. I was way more chilled out in the tww, too. Didn't feel the need to test a million times, skipped days, etc.

With this one, I didn't have as strong a feeling, but I had the same kind of Zen outlook after obsessing the previous month, and that made me really suspect I was pregnant.

With my first I didn't think I was pregnant ... Even struggled to believe the two lines even though we were trying.

With this one at 6dpo I just knew I was pregnant. I could feel something going on inside, I had a constant dull feeling & cramping, nothing like I'd ever felt before. I had said to my husband I was definitely pregnant I just knew. 11dpo got my positive test.

With my first and second I didn't know I was pregnant until my morning sickness kicked in at 5 weeks! With the first I had just come off the pill and hadn't yet had a period, with the second I was still bf and hadn't had a period. This time I had a hunch but I suspect it was more wishful thinking than genuine intuition.

1st pregnancy - nope! I tested because I was supposed to start Clomid after a few days.
2nd pregnancy - nope! I was tested because I was going in for surgery! I had such awful cramping at the time that I thought I was starting my period and kept taking Midol! Oops!
3rd pregnancy - yup! I knew right away and started testing at 7DPO! Finally got BFP at 21DPO after testing every other day, just knowing I was pregnant!
4th pregnancy - yup! I knew right away and tested positive at 7DPO.
5th pregnancy - nope! I tested after having stretching pains and my sister mentioning, "Don't you only get those when you're pregnant?"

I had a hunch every cycle lol. But I will say the hunches based on bbt were usually right. My bbt charts from my two bfp cycles were very similar in rise and fall pattern. They were nearly identical

So my story is kind of crazy.

The last period I had was October 26th and I've been regular each month. I missed November's period (stress more than likely, had a lot going on) And tested end of November and beginning of December, both were negative.

Tested on December 30th and instant positive and dark! My grandmother died January 2nd. Everytime someone in my family is near death one of us gets pregnant (this is my first pregnancy) I was told it was my turn since I'm the only cousin without a kid lolol

I wouldve tested positive on Christmas day since I ovulated on the 11th of December.

My boyfriend kept telling me i was pregnant and so did my mom. All I wanted was pickles and I was just different. I had no idea. Everyone else did though. My Aunt even thought something was off and so did my grandmother. I of course, thought, I will never get pregnant but BOOM I'm 6 weeks today.

With my first, I was certain I was out of luck because I'd been cramping for days so I was just waiting to bleed. We'd been trying for a solid year and a half so I was to the point that is about given up. Then, two lines...

This time, I got the same kinda cramps feeling and my breasts started getting tender and itchy and I kind of knew I was pregnant. We were at my in-laws' in Arizona so I just waited patiently and when we got home I did a test and two lines...

My third pregnancy was a complete surprise. My husband told me I needed to take a test because it had been about 50 days since my last period. I was convinced I was just having a really long cycle and that I was not pregnant. When I took the test, it showed up as positive almost immediately and I was in complete shock!

With this pregnancy we were trying, but I wasn't very hopeful. I got super sick the week after ovulation and was sure that my chances were ruined. Looking back I should have had a hunch, as I had extreme fatigue. That is always my first symptom. I didn't think much of it though. So when I got a positive test I was pretty shocked!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->