Be honest :)

mommybritney

Pregnant, Mother of 1
Reaction score
You won't hurt my feelings if you hate it, I just to know what you think if you met someone young or old with this name (who isnt famous of course)

My husbands name is Tyler and he goes by Ty-- His dad's name is Toby

Tyger Toby Spence and could also go by Ty:shrug:

I really like what you are doing with the incorporation on the *Ty.

Tyger isn't for me, so it's not on my name list.

I think its unusual but dont hate it, however it maybe linker to tiger woods (or the cat in American tale for older people)

other ty names:

Tyson
Tyla
Tylan
Tylor
Tyreke
Tyrell
Tyreece
Tyrone
or just Tye

I really don't like it and am imagining the schoolyard teasing already. Sorry!

I love the "Ty" though, how about just calling him Ty?

Like a pp said, really love that you are incorporating the family name element into it!! That is wonderful!! I actually really like unusual names - this one included- and I'd imagine Tyger would certainly suit a toddler/young boy! But what about when he is older, and introduces himself for a job interview/college application? People can be so cruel and judgemental, it would be a shame if an uptight potential employer wrote him off because of his name. Could you go with Tyger as a nickname or middle name?!! It does have a good "umph" to it!

Although I was gung-ho on naming this LO "Bijoux" (DH nixed that as fast as I said it lol) so maybe I shouldn't be advising ;-)

Hmmm not overly keen as when he grows older, LOVE Tyson though!

Sorry, but I think Tiger Woods may just be too much of a world wide celebrity for Tyger. Also, I like names that you call a child.. not shortened names or nick names. Sorry if too blunt but you wanted honesty. Good luck in your decision.

Not a fan, sorry! There are other 'Ty' names which would be much better.

Just go with Ty/Tye/Tai i think.

but then i am a bit biased as my son is Tye and it suits him perfectly and everyone i meet and tell them his name always comment on how perfect for him it is and its not that common a name but its not a crazy 'out there' name. (and FYI its actually quite an old name - not many people know that!)

also love the name Tybalt (pronounced TIB-BALT) like in Romeo and Juliet

I like the Toby Spence part but not Tyger? Tyler would be better. Or Toby as first name.

Easy, tyger!

It's all I can think about. Either that or the Frosties tiger. They're grrrreat!

I do think of Blake but I doubt the kids in the playground will!

I don't like Tyger. I know you want the 'Ty' but I think you have to go all out and spell it Tiger if going for that name.. But I don't like that spelling either! Either way I would associate the name with Tiger Woods. Why not just go with Ty?

I like it, but truly, I'm pretty over all the "top 100" names. I like a name with personality and Tyger certainly has it :) People are gonna judge any name you choose and are gonna assume what they're gonna assume. So screw 'em, pick what your heart loves. My DD's nn is Tori and I always hear "is she named after Tori Amos/Spelling?" Nooooope. And yes, I suppose his name would show on a resume, but that won't keep him from getting a job he's qualified for. I work at a government defense contractor, with lots of security clearances and military officials and there's a women here named "Hona Lee." One of my fave names ever, by the way. You'll prob change the name, most people seem to after they've gotten all the negative feedback, but if you don't, good for you.

Thank you everyone for your honesty! I think it is just name and it has character and i can tell this one is going to be a go go goer with lots of personality, if he hates it both my brother and dad go by their middle names and the funny thing is, my father in laws name is actually warren (not toby) but he used to play with a dog in his neighborhood whose name was toby and when ever anyone called for the dog they both went running...and he is forever known as toby(which is why i wanted to make it an official name to keep it going) ..so really im going to pick the name i like and who knows what will happen in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->