Be Prepares. Risks and Aftercare

17mummytobee

pregnant-2nd trimester.
Reaction score
I had an emcs 21 days ago and I warn you it wasn't a pleasent experiance but we must remeber everyone is different.I had 2 failed epeidurals in labour I was against getting an epi but I had to get one due to my blood pressure. My baby was having de-cells and they didcided an emcs needed to be done. They resisted my epiduraland we headed to theatre.they started the c-section and my epidural only went to above my belly button I could feel it all but they didn't believe me. My son was born with the cord so tight around his neck he couldn't get his head down onto the cervix so no chance of him coming naturally! They sorted him out and brought him over to show me and I kissed him. They gave him to my OH to hold. It then got really painful and I was screaming for them to stop so they put me to sleep. Thanks to the failed epidural I missed the first hour of my sons life.
I woke up back in the delivary suiete back in my room where I got to hold him for the first time and we breastfed for 30 minutes.
I was then transfered to antenatal as post natal didn't have any beds. I tried to breast feed him again but by now my epi and ga had worn off and the pain was horrendous. I despretly wanted to breastfeed so this then felt like another failure.
I spiked a tempreature and was put on iv antibiotics but my tempreature just kept rising. After a few days on antenatal I was transfered to post natal. By now where formula feeding I'm feeling extremly ill and the doctors can't figure out what's going on. They took swabs from every place imaginable and had a chat with the microbioligists to see what they suggested.re antibiotics as my tempreature wasn't coming down.
The took more blood test but nothing showed up apart from an iron level of 6.2 and a raised inflimation level. The doctors then dicided to move me to the maternity High Dependance Unit where I had one to one midwife care and 4 blood transfusions. I also had an ultrasound wich showed nothing. I had a ct wich showed I had a collection of internal bleeding from my section and that my right kidney was enlarged. They kept fiddling with my antibiotics and eventually I started feeling better. The docotrs eventually diagnosed me sepsis and life threatning case of blood poisioning. I know the risk are rare but I'm proof they can happen. I'm a firm b eliver that c-sections are for medical reasons only and when we ttc at christmas ( mad but it hasn't put me off) ill be aiming for a vbac all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->