Be very careful with your scan pics Ladies!

N

Neecee

I put a pic of my scan in one of my facebook albums yesterday and my cousin who works in housing at the local council has just called and informed be that some people copy pics that aren't theirs in order to cheat the system and get housing quickly. I had no idea people would do that!

The pic's been cropped so it doesn't have any of my details on it, but I'm going to take it off anyway. Just thought I'd let you ladies know just in case you have put any scan pictures online that have your personal details on them.

I didnt think the housing department would accept scan pics as proof of pregnancy?? Thought it was just a MATB1 form they took?

I didnt think the housing department would accept scan pics as proof of pregnancy?? Thought it was just a MATB1 form they took?

Aparantly they do accept pics here included in the applications. But I think the main thing was also the details that are printed along the top and down the sides.

But I'm only going on what I've just been told.

If only it was that easy in my council......!!! I'm on the list and they pretty much wont believe me until I have a birth certificate!! They wont even accept my MATB1 form.

I dont like to put my scan up anyway as even on her there have been people who nick each other's pics....there sure are some nutters out there....

Some people are just sick taking advantage like that what is society coming too??
Just awlful that pregnant women cant even enjoy their news and bump pics without people seeing an oppertunity to take advantage xxx

My council wont accept a scan pic as proof ... as like youve stated about people copying them it could be anyones.

They'll only take MATB1

I had no idea that people could do that anyway.

Mind you, a few years ago I got letters from the council and inland revenue asking me for details of the child I was applying for housing for. Aparantly I'd applied and given them details of my due date etc...

At the time I was a 20 year old student living on my own with NO kids! I dunno how my info was taken and used, but when I called up to enquire about it, they told me they couldn't give me any information as I had not provided them with enough info to access records! I was like, HUH?:confused:

I remember there was someone on here a while ago who poached some scan pics off the web and passed them on as her own. I reckon she got a right roasting though...

Mine are just up so that friends can see... and i'm guessing none of my friends are total weirdos :lol:

Neecee, your council sounds really dodgy!

That's what I'm thinking! I'm still taking the pic down, just to be on the safe side, but I'm wondering what kind of corners get cut in those council offices...

I want to go back to the countryside!!!!:hissy:

How creepy. There are some nutters out there. Ive seen a couple of people on here come on and fake pregnancies.. I dont get it....

I don't know much about that but I know that weirdos are all over the place!

I watermark (well not watermark but mark) all my scan photos! I think I would freak if I ever saw the scan pic of my little girl on some website with some freak pretending that she is his! :growlmad:

I don't know much about that but I know that weirdos are all over the place!

I watermark (well not watermark but mark) all my scan photos! I think I would freak if I ever saw the scan pic of my little girl on some website with some freak pretending that she is his! :growlmad:

That's a good idea.

I'm a youth housing officer, and our local housing dept would never accept a scan pic as proof of pregnancy, never mind a copy of one! They only accept a written scan report, which shows all your details, and your EDD.
I have however heard of some people stealing pics from others to pass of as their own on internet sites, and now I mark all my pics with my name, and other details or images. It freaks me out to think of somebody stealing pics of my bubs.
xx

The only thing I've been wondering about with the scans are all the various bits of info on them. You certainly don't want your health care number or any personal info like full names, addresses, etc on them for anyone on the net to see.
Watermark the photo, but black out the written personal info, I would think?

The only thing I've been wondering about with the scans are all the various bits of info on them. You certainly don't want your health care number or any personal info like full names, addresses, etc on them for anyone on the net to see.
Watermark the photo, but black out the written personal info, I would think?

Just set your FB profile to private. No need to worry then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->