Beating an addiction?

Why give up?

It is actually really bad for you. I'm drinking about 12-14 ltrs of the stuff a day. It's mostly sugar, There are 39 grams of sugar in each CAN of coke! Consuming what is pretty much 12-14 ltrs of sugar a day is not good for you! I also don't want my teeth to go black or fall out before I turn 30! And why else? Because I want to! I don't want to be dependent on a soft drink! I feel sick when I haven't had it and get serious withdrawl... I even have to get up out of bed sometimes to get a swig of it in the middle of the night!

I just don't want coca cola to be a part of my life any more :(

Haha On a lighter note, I caught these pics of Anna earlier... :rofl:

Caught!:

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF4943.jpg

Let me at it, let me at it!:

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF4944.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF4945.jpg

It's MINE, mum!:

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF4946.jpg

https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/DSCF4947.jpg

:rofl:

Why give up?

It is actually really bad for you. I'm drinking about 12-14 ltrs of the stuff a day. It's mostly sugar, There are 39 grams of sugar in each CAN of coke! Consuming what is pretty much 12-14 ltrs of sugar a day is not good for you! I also don't want my teeth to go black or fall out before I turn 30! And why else? Because I want to! I don't want to be dependent on a soft drink! I feel sick when I haven't had it and get serious withdrawl... I even have to get up out of bed sometimes to get a swig of it in the middle of the night!

Wow, thats about 6000 calories a day without even eating anything. Did you decide to go and see a doctor about this? (Sorry didnt read the whole thread)

I suppose you could try scaring yourself into not wanting it by reading all the studies about negative effects of that much sugar, heart disease, cancer, brain decay, diabetes.

During a time of day you are busy and feel less dependant on coke you could have a cup of tea with no sugar in at least that way you wont be competely withdrawing from the caffeine but you will be cutting out all the sugar. Try eating bits of fruit etc with it, reducing the sugar, but still having some so you dont completely withdraw and distracting you from the coke. Or you could try some herbal teas?

Good luck :hugs:

oops my error! I don't drink that much in a day :dohh: I do in a week, though. And that's just what I drink at home - So there is that plus whatever I drink while I'm out and about - a 1.5ltr bottle here, a 330ml can there.... :dohh:

Probably totals up to about 3ltrs a day actually - How many calories is that?

I've not been to the docs about it yet, I will be going shortly if I give this quitting a real go and find it really is too hard... I don't think I've put my all into quitting yet - it's so easy to say it's just too hard, and give up.

Thanks for your suggestions - I will give them a go :hugs:

No problem, its about 1200 calories.

:hugs:

Edit: I've just noticed your weight loss ticker, based on the average calculations of burning/creating a deficit of 3500 calories for every pound of fat by cutting out coke you could lose 2.4lbs a week, just something you could use to help you on when finding it tough:)

Tasha... i too am addicted to coke.

i can only go about half an hour without having some. i take some to bed with me and drink it during the night, i go to spar at 9pm to get some if i run out. in morrisons they have the BOGOF all the time and i get about 10 bottles of 2 ltrs a week and if i run out i go and buy more. if im in town i go to superdrug coz theyre always by one get one half price.. and both bottles are usually gone by the time i get home. or i go to mcdonalds and get a large coke just to walk round town with.

funny, i never thought of it as an addiction before reading this thread and ive never seen it as a problem.. it gets me through the day.. it tastes nice..

your thread has really made me think..

although im not sure im ready to give up..

hmm... really something to think about.

huge hugs to you x

Oh I know your addiction well!
I was addicted to Coke before i was pregnant, and stopped drinking it right the way through my pregnancy (alot to do with severe morning sickness!)
Then the day after I had Daisy I asked OH to get me some juice at the hospital while we waited to be signed out and OMG! It was like the addiction just came back there and then! It didn't take me long before I got back onto 2litres a day.

Then I decided I had to shift to something less fatty.... so I tried all the diet cokes (cherry, lime,zero etc) and hated them all!

I then tried buying diet and fat coke and mixing them so the fat intake wouldn't be as bad, but it still tasted minging!

So I just stopped..... I got the shakes and the worst headaches so decided to have a can of diet Pepsi, so now this is my new addiction, the only good thing about it is that it isn't as fatty.....

Well I have been about as useful as a chocolate teapot to you! I don't know how you can get over it, but just wanted to let you know I know exactly what you are going through!!! :hugs:

I'm addicted to lip balm. I feel exactly the same, have shakes and panic attacks when I can't find it...then when I finally do it's a massive relief, but takes a while for my nerves to settle down. I think I'm weirder tbh! :rofl:

What about getting some fizzy water and adding a bit of that to your coke? Eg 1 3rd fizzy water in a can's worth of coke... Then try only drinking half of that amount and replacing the other half with a glass of water? Still have it, but in smaller amounts and replace the amount you're not drinking with water!! That way you're hydrating yourself, so you hopefully won't feel thirsty and won't feel you NEED to drink so much coke.

Wow, that was kinda confusing! I oughta go to bed...

:hugs:

xxx

My addiction to coke is getting worse, I drink about 2-3 litres a day when we have it, when we don't I go to farmfoods and buy it (79p for a 2L bottle..).. I have it all day and can't sleep without it! Lol..

Hope you can break the habit!

One way you might put yourself off a bit...Pour a glass/mug of coke. Find the dirtiest penny you can. Put it in the coke. Leave it a day and then take it out. Last time my mum made me do this when i was little the penny came out completely clean. Kinda like it does on the Cillit bang advert....

Also, when i was younger and i lost one of my baby teeth my mum made me put it in a cup of coke to show me what it does...after a few days the tooth was completely vanished. It had been disolved.

As others have said maybe you can try replacing it with other things, such as biscuits and tea. Still sugar and caffeine, but just slowly cut down. xx

One way you might put yourself off a bit...Pour a glass/mug of coke. Find the dirtiest penny you can. Put it in the coke. Leave it a day and then take it out. Last time my mum made me do this when i was little the penny came out completely clean. Kinda like it does on the Cillit bang advert....

Also, when i was younger and i lost one of my baby teeth my mum made me put it in a cup of coke to show me what it does...after a few days the tooth was completely vanished. It had been disolved.

As others have said maybe you can try replacing it with other things, such as biscuits and tea. Still sugar and caffeine, but just slowly cut down. xx

omg @ the tooth disapearing!

I'm also addicted to it :( When I moved out on my own I didn't buy the stuff for 3 years. Then I moved in with Adam (who drank litres a day) and then back home and my sister is a real addict (literally, her doctor told her to stop drinking it because she was having heart palpations from all the caffiene). Its always around so I always drink it.

When I was pregnant I switched to Root Beer. It doesn't have caffiene in it (or if it does, its less than what Coke/Pepsi has). I'm really needing to stop because I blame my gross pre-pregnancy weight gain on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->