Beauty tips(another off the topic thread)

So is the tea actually secondary to the clotted cream in creamed tea? LOL

Yeap :) We're a very confusing country LOL :)

Can you eat clotted cream on anything besides a scone?

Clotted cream can be eaten with anything you would usually have normal cream on such as fruit or cake. Clotted cream is more like ice cream in texture it's really odd to describe.

It's hugely high in fat and cholesterol though so definitely a limited treated :)

It must taste better than it sounds! Lol

Is it sweet?

lovely coming on after a days working three different jobs and reading through this thread. Ii made me giggle despite barely having the energy for it-I do have a foot file and I´ll try to body shop cream next time we go into France or Barcelona, our town doesn´t have one.
Cream teas are the best invention ever, D Mom you should def travel all the way to the UK just to try one in Devon, besides Devon is beautiful!!

I´m going to watch Horizon now called the nine months that made you about what happens during pregnancy and how it effects the child for life, that should give me a few worries to dwell on when I finally get my BFP!

twice as thick, hence the double. Not whipped just so thick it can clog your arteries in one fell swoop.

Double cream? Like our whipped cream?

Yeap double cream is probably like your whipped cream.

Dear me the UK has a load of creams: sour cream, single cream (which can be mixed into cooking or used to pour into desserts, etc); double cream which can be poured or whipped up to become whipped cream; clotted cream and of course ice cream :)

Double cream sounds interesting, Lol.

I guess it's one of those things you have to try to appreciate.

I can only think of light cream, heavy cream (used for whipping), half and half (cream and milk combo), and sour cream.

Do most Brits use real butter or is margarine popular there too? I did she something in my grocery called Irish butter, which looked to be a butter/margarine combo.

off the topic x2 I am having a fsh test on Sat! my acupuncturist is also a DR in ER and she wants me to pass by whilst she is working because I keep bruising and she is a bit worried about it. So I asked if she could request a FSH test too as my own Dr won´t do it since they cut the funding, and she said yes!! So I am really happy and about 80€ better off. I hope it comes back ok. (notice I´m not even worried about the possibilities the bruising thing brings up, sure it is fates way of helping me get preggers.!) Yay happy hugs and double creme all round.

off the topic x2 I am having a fsh test on Sat! my acupuncturist is also a DR in ER and she wants me to pass by whilst she is working because I keep bruising and she is a bit worried about it. So I asked if she could request a FSH test too as my own Dr won´t do it since they cut the funding, and she said yes!! So I am really happy and about 80€ better off. I hope it comes back ok. (notice I´m not even worried about the possibilities the bruising thing brings up, sure it is fates way of helping me get preggers.!) Yay happy hugs and double creme all round.

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

We have both butter and margarine in the UK.

I'm not sure which is more popular but I know my in laws by margarine as they think it is healthier. My mum has been a butter lover all her life and at 71 has better health than my in laws.

I personally prefer butter but use hardly any when I have some. I think a little of what you like is fine :)

That's excellent Natsby :happydance: Really hope it brings good news and you get answers about the bruising and that this all brings your BFP closer x

Great news Natsby

I alternate between proper butter (Lurpak Danish spreadable which is slightly blended so it doesn't tear my toast in half) and healthy sunflower oil margarine whch does not taste as nice as butter, IDK there is a school of thought that says margarine is also worse for you cos it's fake/synthetic.

Lurpak is yummy :)

NS I've read that margarine is just as bad as butter so I go with what I like now :)

Lurpak is yummy :)

NS I've read that margarine is just as bad as butter so I go with what I like now :)

I love golden cow butter but haven't used it in about ten years. I would love a baked pot with a knob of butter on it so u knowwot wooly I think I will just have it ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->