#%@#% Bed bugs! rant

tickledpink3

Mommy to Olivia and Aubre
Reaction score
So my bf wakes me up early this morning and states we have bed bugs. I have not slept in the room since I had our daughter two years ago. Time after time I had gotten onto him about keeping that room clean and maybe we would start sleeping in that room again.

I get up to go in the room and I usually mainly go in there to get clothes out of the dresser and come back out. I go to the other side of the bed and he has TONS of shit on the side of that bed (tissue paper, socks, random clothing, books, papers, etc). I am beyond pissed. He has the summer off as he is a teacher and he had all this time to get that room cleaned up. I feel like I'm talkin about a teenager. Now I have to spend my free time cleaning up the room, washing, sanitizing and then having to call someone to come in and remove these blasted creatures. I wonder if they can take him with them. On top of that, it's beyond embarassing that I even have to deal with this.

First he got ring worm from one of his elementary students earlier this year and now this. I know that you can get bed bugs all kinds of ways but it still pisses me off I have to deal with this. I am so tired and just need a break that never seems like it's going to come.

If you read this far, bless you. I just needed a good rant. Now to go make my list of things to clean.

aww honey - i got fleas in my house once when I took in a stray dog who then had puppies (obvious why she had been dumped eh?) Bloody nightmare getting rid. Could have been worse though, I had stone floors so it was better than trying to sort out carpet lol

When I was younger I lived with my now ex and his family. They never put flea medication on their cats and one day I noticed I had bites all over my legs...then that night I was in bed feeling like I was getting eaten alive. Of course him and his family were fricken pigs and didn't seem to mind the fleas so I ended up being the only one cleaning it up. Three bottles of flea treatments, five vacuumings a day, and a bunch of my stuff getting thrown out is what it took to get rid of them...bugs are fricken awful. I feel you on that.

My husband also has a room that he never cleans. I've cleaned it up for him in the past then two days later it looks like it was never cleaned again. Men just never grow up!

Bed bugs can happen even in the tidiest cleanest of places it only takes one! Dogs and human's carry them into peoples houses.

Well the room is far more worse than I originally thought. I was in there bagging up clothes only to discover this dumbass had stuff UNDER the bed. I'm so livid right now it's not even funny. Then as I stated before, my daughter and I sleep on the couch. This fool thought he was going to squeeze on the couch with us. I told him to go sleep on the sectional. Nope. he stays his dumbass right on the couch even though I told him I could be comfortable. Then finally at 6 in the morning, he decides to get up and move. Now I see why women snap. Men do some dumb stuff.

I recently had to deal with these, we moved into a rental that already had them, it looked very clean and nice when we viewed it and we never thought for a MOMENT that it would have bed bugs! I can tell you though, that the worse thing you can do when you discover you have them is change your sleeping arrangements. Because if right now the bugs are only in the bedroom, and no one sleeps in there, then they will very quickly be everywhere else, including on the couch where you sleep with your child. We got a chemical treatment first it cost $637, but it didn't work, needless to say; our landlord acted like he had nothing to do with it and refused to pay for any portion of the extermination. We finally hired a heat treatment company, it cost $1300, pricey, but it eradicates them, and I mean right now. But make sure you find one that has a warranty. I'm sorry you have to go through this. And from now on, carry a little bottle of rubbing alcohol around with you and whenever you or OH gets home make sure he sprays his shoes and throws his clothes in a hot dryer.

You've slept on the couch with your LO for 2 years!! WTF!!!!........... Why haven't you just slept in the bed with your OH and your LO for the past 2 years?

I tidy up after my OH, but I find that if I do it every day (or every other day) then the clothes/papers etc on the floor don't become overwhelming!... I don't mind doing it as he it the one who goes away to work while I stay at home as carer for our LO and the house. I can't imagine just leaving his stuff and tidying my own and my LO's around his!

Are you living seperate lives? Does he wash his own clothes or has he just worn unwashed clothes for the past 2 years?

I recently had to deal with these, we moved into a rental that already had them, it looked very clean and nice when we viewed it and we never thought for a MOMENT that it would have bed bugs! I can tell you though, that the worse thing you can do when you discover you have them is change your sleeping arrangements. Because if right now the bugs are only in the bedroom, and no one sleeps in there, then they will very quickly be everywhere else, including on the couch where you sleep with your child. We got a chemical treatment first it cost $637, but it didn't work, needless to say; our landlord acted like he had nothing to do with it and refused to pay for any portion of the extermination. We finally hired a heat treatment company, it cost $1300, pricey, but it eradicates them, and I mean right now. But make sure you find one that has a warranty. I'm sorry you have to go through this. And from now on, carry a little bottle of rubbing alcohol around with you and whenever you or OH gets home make sure he sprays his shoes and throws his clothes in a hot dryer.

See I just can't sleep in there with those things moving around. I just can't do it. The earliest someone can come out and do a consultation is on Friday. No telling how long before they can actually treat the house. But if that keeps them from spreading, looks I do what I have to do.

Make him sleep in the bed :D That's what I did, I know it sounds horrible, but I just couldn't bring myself to sleep in the bed, so I made DH do it! Usually, after the consultation, they can come in pretty quickly to clear things up though. The prep is really hard work so be prepared for that.

Make him sleep in there. Those bites are the itchiest things ever! DH rented a room in NJ while he was working there. I went to stay with him once and took a nap on the bed. I kept itching my palm the whole time we went out after that. I looked and had 2 little bite marks on my palm. When we got back to the room there was a big old bed bug sitting on top of the pillow. I freaked out and knocked it on the floor by mistake, but DH was able to step on it and squish it. We went to a hotel and I made him call the landlord and insist they get someone out the next day to take care of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->