• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bed-rail for co-sleeping?

SoupDragon

Mum of 1, LTWTT #2
Reaction score
Hi, I figure this might be the best place to ask this? Sorry if it isn't...

I cosleep with 6.5-month-old DD most of the night (she starts in her cot as she goes to bed at 6pm and she's already mobile), and normally I go in the spare room with her, where there's a double bed. There's enough room that I don't worry about her falling out.

In a few weeks, my Mum is coming to stay for a few weeks :happydance: and she'll be using the spare room, so me and DD will be bunking in with hubby :haha:

Previously when we've done this we've had a cosleeping crib attached to my side of the bed, so that's acted as a barrier to stop DD falling out. She's outgrown that now and we've taken it off, and it isn't ideal to put it back on as it takes up so much space. Obviously with another adult in the bed, there's a lot less room and I'm stressing about DD accidentally getting pushed off the edge. So I want to get a bedrail. I'd also love it if this convinced hubby that it was ok for us all to sleep in the same bed again!!

Now I've written the essay :)blush:), here's my question: where in the UK can I get a bedrail suitable to attach to a slatted base standard (4'6") double bed?

Many thanks! :flower:

I got my bedrail on Amazon. I think the brand was regalo? I'm sure there are lots of good brands, I just went with the one that was most frequently bought, had good reviews, and was not too expensive. I feel he is safe with it.

Could the baby sleey in the middle instead? That's what we do in hotel rooms.

I will look on Amazon for that, gingmg - it can go on a double bed? I've seen reviews of some that say they only work on cotbeds or singles.

SarahBear, we have tried her in the middle before and we can't get on with it, none of us gets any sleep because of blankets being too low down, DH fretting about rolling onto her etc!

I got mine on Amazon too. It was a Regalo brand and worked on beds up to queen size.

We have a Lindam one, it's designed for a single bed (so the arms go under the mattress and up the other side) but I just have them turned so they lie flat, or leave them off. DS2 is nearly 10m and it doesn't budge when he leans on it x

This is the one that we got:

Safety 1st Compact Fold Portable Bedrail
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002KO7E8U/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_2

We used it on a slatted double bed and were quite happy with it.
Works for both standard and slated beds.
(We don't use it anymore since we have since moved to having a mattress on the floor.)

We've used a lindam one on a double bed. We also have another bed guard which I don't know the brand which has arms that open out and just push under the mattress to use it on a slatted bed base we put some plywood across the slats. It works perfectly well like this.

Just thought I should update and say thank you!

I got a summer infant rail in the end, and we have been using it successfully...we are now back to the family bed situation full time, I'm delighted to report!

The rail is slightly inconvenient in that you can't raise or lower it with one hand, but otherwise is fine, and we'll get a fair bit of use out of it, as we plan to put it on DD's bed for a while when she eventually stops using her cot in the evenings.

Very much enjoying having the three of us all snuggled up together again! :D

That's the rail I was just looking at. Is it really sturdy? My toddler is used to the wall being against the bed but now we have 2 mattresses pushed together and if he's on the new one it doesn't reach the wall. I would like something there because sometimes he likes to really snuggle into the wall.

It seems pretty sturdy...it stops me toppling out, anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->