bed side cot

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
hiya,

i decided to invest in a bedside cot, but i am still abit nervous about using it.

how do you make sure your duvet doesn't get near baby, or him rolling near it or the pillows esp when he gets bigger.

also whewre abouts do you put you little one in the cot.

sorry fo all the questions but my mums st baby died of SIDS which makes me nervous

thanks

xxxx:flower:

anyone - sorry if its a stupid question
:flower:

i have a bedside cot from mamas and papas called close and cosy. it comes with a bolster type thing which stops baby rolling out into your bed. haven't used this yet as seren is only 9 weeks and not really rolling over. duvet has never gone over baby and i have the cot positioned at my shoulder level so if pillows move they will fall behind cot and not in and on baby, IYKWIM?
seren lies towards the top half of the cot in a sleeping bag.
HTH

I've tried to put him in the middle but he rolls toward me, he wants to put his hand or head against me (he used to be in bed with me so he is used to it I guess) . We got a cossatto close to me, which does leave a gap between bed and cot so we used cable ties to firmly strap the beds together, and butt the mattresses together. We haven't had a problem with the duvet but I do tend to put my pillow vertical or at an angle so it is not near baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->