Bedrest

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
This pregnancy has been hard from the start, first a hyperthyroid that is still trying to work itself out, then cervical shortening from a UTI at about 16 weeks. Weekly visits to the perinatologist for wellbeing/growth and cervical scans as well as speaking with the doctor.

Yesterday I started having contractions regularly, it was so scary! Thankfully terbutaline helped enough that I can go home. Home on bedrest again though. It was only last year I was stuck on bedrest for my son and it was brutal. I'm understanding its strict bedrest, bathroom and shower privileges and that's it. I'm unsure if I'm allowed to go places in wheelchair or go in the car and just sit down, say at the park. I have my weekly at perinatology on Wednesday and kind of hoping they'll lower the bed rest but with my history its not likely.

Anyone else stuck on bedrest?

Attachments

• IMAG3984.jpg
    IMAG3984.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 45
Hey hun! I just posted for bed rest buddies.
You should ask your OB all these questions but if you ask me, seems like you should just be laying on sofa or the bed, relax until your next appointment.
I have some things to clarify as well. First off I had two different doctors give me different instructions. One was on restricted activities but not bed rest. And my OB says bed-rest with privileges for things that I 'need' to do. Shower, toilet, get myself food. Short walk with dog. I can drive myself to my appointments weekly. I see my OB on Wednesday except its a new OB. My OB's last day was this past Friday - she's on Maternity Leave now. Anyway....lots of confusion. I am sitting & in reclined positions. I figure that's safe. But yeah I have to ask too....ugh.

Hang in there, love!
How was our first bedrest? What was that like?

The problem is I kind of know the answer will just be short trips in the chair, that its strict and that it was the same as last year so not likely to suddenly be more forgiving:blush: That said, I totally agree with it, its 100% helped me in keeping baby in during prior pregnancies, perhaps some wishful thinking here :rofl:

Maybe I can help you, this is my 6th to be preemie. I have a genetic condition (EDS1) so will be early. This one was VERY unplanned so a lot of Eek type humour here! I had to call hubby in his vasectomy to say he's a month too late!!! We only found out about the EDS after my last baby.

Anyways... Sounds like modified bedrest, different doctors will have their own take on what is involved. Def be taking it very, very easy and don't do anything that physically makes you feel even the slightest bit uncomfortable. Me personally with that order, I would obv keep the bathroom and shower privileges. Aside from that, food making, pottering around the house but no housework or lifting. Going to appointments and the walk involved there but say at stores etc, use the electric cart (this is soooooo much fun, a big 'perk'):haha: I 100% would not be walking the dog though, aside from it being walking, the dog will affect balance, I also have a dog so this one is hard but better safe. Sitting is ok, esp with feet up and lots of left side, plenty water but also keep emptying bladder! Try and keep as low stress as possible. Do you have any help at home to be able to do the rest? I am fortunate enough to have a nanny!

This is 4th pregnancy with bedrest of various forms :wacko: Each time, hard work, last time started at 12 weeks!! But helped so much! My last 3 were 33,32,31 weekers. My youngest is severely disabled, that's the hardest thing.

Whats been your symptoms? I saw you did the ffn, that's a good indicator for negative results. Personally for me, each time it went positive, I had pprom in that window, but most likely that's due to the EDS. The test is a very good indicator also as to who should be doing the bedrest of each type. How are you hanging in there?:hugs:

I just got put on bed rest toady- I have very high blood pressure when I'm up and about, but it goes back down as soon as I lie down. Unfortunately, it gets high enough to have the doctor worried.

I've been told I can eat, shower, and use the facilities. I'm only allowed to drive to appointments - was specifically told not walks, no shopping, etc. It could be a long 10 weeks (if we get that far).

I'm assuming all will be fine with the bloods they took today, as there was no protein in my urine... but if they're bad for some reason, i was told that the bed rest would have to occur in the hospital. praying that doesn't happen!!

It's been around an hour and I'm already antsy...

Hi, been stuck on bedrest for about 5 weeks now. My cervix was shortening. It was 1.6 centimeters and after 3 weeks of bedrest it has improved to 3 centimeters! I have to have an ultrasound every two weeks instead of once a week. But, bedrest is awful, i was out of shape before, but bnow i can barely walk to the bathroom without getting out of breath!

@mamaxs4 I agree with the out of shape part- after just 1 week! As soon as I stand up, I get BH from the weight shift, and going up the stairs puts my HR around 115!
After steadily going up in weight, I have lost 2lbs in the last week on bedrest- the doctor didn't seem concerned about that. I'm sure that weight loss won't last long!

I saw a different doc yesterday, who said I should be ok going 2 weeks without an office visit (he said that will prob become more frequent again- also having another growth scan when I go in)- so hoping things stay good until then!

Morning!

Sorry, I missed the last couple posts, how are you guys holding up? Bedrest gets so long and boring!

Hopefully hospital rest can be avoided as long as possible, its really not fun at all, home is a lot easier if hospital can be avoided!

I'm booked for steroids on the 2nd at my visit that week, I think that will calm my panic a lot. Have you guys been given them yet?

I'm so unfit too, its hard after when you try to regain some strength. My weight is still low from the thyroid this time, below pre preg by a fair bit. Last time I gained like 60+lbs lol but it came off gradually.

Are you guys told no lifting as well? I'm not to lift more than 10lbs but my 16m old wants up all the time

Hey girls....still on bed rest! 33 weeks tomorrow!
this is week 4....since being admitted to hospital.
Absolutely no lifting over here. My bed rest doesnt seem to be as strict.
But I only do the things I need to do as per my doctor's advise. Lots & lots of couch surfing in my future still. 4 weeks down, 4 more to get to 37 weeks. Fingers crossed we all make it to term!

You're getting there Barbikins!! Every week now brings baby to a safer gestation! My 33+3 weeker was only in NICU for 10 days, if you can get to 34 weeks that's a massive milestone:happydance:

I'm so bored of bedrest:blush:

Yep almost 34 weeks...4 days to go! I'm hoping to make it to term, period. Hanging in there. Yep, boring as all hell on bed rest. I have my MIL here this week. She came to town yesterday and just left this afternoon. She's back on Thursday through to next week Tuesday so I'll have company and distractions! Yay! That will help :)

I am on bed rest since 8th week of my pregnancy. I will be 23rd this friday. It is an ivf pregnancy and i lost of of the twins at 8th week. Which caused me to bleed on and off with huge bout of bleeding at 16th week. I was in icu for few days with plasma transfusions and then total 14 days of hospital stay. I bled for 3 weeks and again spent my new year in hospital.
The lost twin was never absorbed and turned into a SCH.
I just get up for washroom and shower. It's too hard to be on bed all times. I lost my job too. So imagine the financial pressure. Specially after ivf. I was on daily progesterone and low molecular heparin injection till 16th week. Now on deep muscular progesterone injection.
I have heard everything about non viability of this pregnancy. So I am dying to make it to 30 weeks somehow. The time seem to have stopped.15 weeks on bed..no job( i am an engineer), loans, 3 miscarriages and now daily stress.
Now i am having strange discharge too. My doctor wont give me an internal check because one of my twins is already trying to miscarry. Poking may not be a good option now.

I somehow wish to save my precious baby...

ttcmoon, I am so sorry for the loss of one of your twins. I am pregnant with twins and can't imagine losing one.

So, I am 21+2 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins. I had my 20 week u/s last Wednesday and found out that I have a short cervix (8mm). I had to be admitted to the hospital that night to have an emergency cerclage put in the next day. I was released on Saturday with the instruction to take it easy, but was put on bed rest on Monday at my followup appt with the ob/gyn. The stitch helped the length a little, but now I have funneling. I can get up to use the bathroom, for a quick shower and to go downstairs once to get a quick bite to eat then to lay on the couch. I am not allowed to sit up. I am allowed to drive to my doctors appointments but no where else. I have an appointment tomorrow with the perinatologist and will have weekly appts there. Bed rest is worse than I imagined it to be (especially since I was so active before - going to the gym, yoga, work, etc) but as long as my babies are ok and I can make it to 28 or more weeks. it will be ok. I'm so thankful for the people who are helping me with everything and running my office while I'm out.

Dear 40isnotold, I hope you feel better soon. The growing baby or babies are the only motivation we have in life now. I have been on bed rest for almost 4 months now. From very beginning of this pregnancy and I dont think I would be able to join in next 6 months. So my company did not agree to keep me on without pay sabbatical.

Getting a good IT job would be tough later but I dont have any other option at this juncture. This twin is my 3rd loss in a row with no live baby. I am so worried about this pregnancy.

Congrats on your boy and girl. Sound awesome!!! I don't know gender of my baby yet. Here they dont disclose.
I just get up for washroom and shower. I eat sitting on the bed. But still i m so dreaded. I love my baby. Truely said...I just wish to cross 30 weeks asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->