Bedtime for 11 week old?

KatieB

Reaction score
What time do or did you put your baby to sleep at the 11 week mark or thereabouts? I have just put Louis in his cot as we are trying to get him to sleep in it, he hates his moses basket! So far, so good, he's sleeping at mo but this seems a bit early to me (7pm)? I'm thinking that come my bedtime he'll be wide awake? So confused, I know he's too young to have a strict routine but wanted to try and get him a bit more settled in the evening xx

Ah we have no set time at all, I always put him in his moses basket when I go to bed at 10pm ish but sometimes he's wide awake then and sometimes he's been asleep an hour or 2! I have tonight set up the monitor thinking i might put him down on his own earlier but not sure if i'm brave enough (He's never slept in a different room to me yet).
7pm doesn't seem to be early it's really different for each baby i think, but i know what you mean i'm interested to see other replies. x

We're at the 10.5week mark and he's been going to bed at 9ish for weeks now. Not because we make him but that's when he gets tired and falls asleep. He gets fed, changed and put in his basket around 9. He starts his cluster feed at 8ish (we BF). We don't do a bath though as that wakes him up and normally makes him scream! I'd love him to go to sleep earlier but if he did he'd wake even earlier and I don't want that lol

About 8pm. It's just what works for her - she usually naps until 6ish, so has time for a bottle and bath/wash before getting tired again.

It differs daily though - if she sleeps til 7pm, she might stay up later, or sometimes she gets tired before the 2 hour mark. I generally just wing it depending on her cues and on when she takes her evening bottle.

Ethan leads me and he's slowly settling into a routine by himself. He used to take naps through the day but now this is what he normally does for naps/sleep.

11am - 12pm
2pm - 2.30pm
4 pm - 6.30pm
9.30 pm - 8.00 am

His night sleep is slowly moving earlier by the week. I'm very sure that in a couple of months, he will hit the sack by 7.30pm naturally.

Stanley normally goes to bed at 8.30 to 9. it does however depend on if he has had all his naps. has gone down twice at 7.30 and still slept through til 7 but those were dayss when he took shorter day time naps. today he put him self to sleep at 5 after refusing to nap all day and he will probably sleep now til tomorrow except for feeds

My LO doesn;t really nap much in the day, probably a short one in the morning, then a longer nap early afternoon, then maybe a short one around 5. He still doesn't get tired until 9. I guess all babies are very different :thumbup:

conner is 13 weeks and goes to bed at 7pm sometimes earlier if he needs it.he sleeps thru till about 6 or seven sometimes wakes at 2 or 3 for a feed. p.s its ever too early to get him into a routine conner has been in thius routine since he was 4 weeks old. it just works for us having 2 others kids its easier for us lol

Thanks girlies, he woke up once but I rocked him and put him back still slightly awake and for the first time ever, it worked! He is normally late to bed but that's because he falls asleep in mine or OH's arms downstairs. I guess I'll just take each night as it comes! xx

Hi

I have just been looking on the net for an answer to the what time to bed question as I have an 11 week old boy and he has been coming up to bed at the same as me, about 10/11. I am trying to bring his bath time forward a bit and tonight I put him to bed in his cot, in our room, at about 9 and he was sleepy but he woke and I let him cry for about 5 minutes and went up to settle him again and did this about 4 times before he went to sleep. I felt so guilty for letting him cry but I think it was more a tired cry than a distressed cry. I cant help but think that he thinks I have abandoned him. I was just wondering whether he was too young for an 'enforced' bedtime. If I can stand the guilt I am going to do it again tomorrow night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->