Bedtime milk

embojet

Molly and Ethan's Mummy
Reaction score
Hope you dont mind me posting here but this is not just about formula feeding, any input from BF Mummies would be great too. Ive posted on here before about Molly not drinking her milk at bedtime, which means she often wakes in the night for a bottle. Her routime at the moment is:
6.30am bottle
8.30am breakfast
12.00 lunch
3.00pm bottle
5.00pm dinner
7.00pm bottle (offered but never drinks it)
My question is... do you think I should drink the 3pm bottle in the hope that she may drink her bedtime bottle... or move dinner forward... or something else? :dohh:
(I never know when she is hungry as she has never cried for food or milk since she was born. Apparently this is common with preemies :shrug:. I just have to guess and when I offer it I find out. Even in the night she just kind of wakes up but not crying. When I offer her a bottle she is starving though if she doesnt drink it at bedtime. This routine seems to work fine until her bedtime bottle)

hiya could you maybe give a little bit less milk at 3, move dinner forward about half an hour too maybe, you could even try a dream feed when you go to bed?Sometimes my lo wont drink all her milk before bed so i give her some more when im about to go to bed to keep her going through the night.I think your health visitor could help you with your routine a bit more good luck!x x

I dunno if this is helpful, but Finn dropped his 3pm feed after i introduced lunch. He's on exactly the same schedule otherwise, except I offer milk after every meal, though I couldnt say how much he is taking because he's BF.

maybe offer Molly a snack at 3 with a drink of water? instead of a bottle so she is not going too long between feeds, dream feed also sounds like a good idea. Matthew takes hardly any milk at his last feed but he sleeps right through the night ok :happydance: x

Hi, Freya has her breakfast at 8 ish, porridge plus milk, lunch at 12 ish (small amount of food plus milk) then she has her dinner about 4 ish and then final bottle and bed at half 7, when she is ready to drain a whole bottle of 8oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->