Bedtime routine...

ladybrock

first time mummy
Reaction score
So i cant figure out which way to do it...

I have a windy baby so im thinking instead of bath bottle then bed i may give him his bottle first wind him bath him then put him to bed relaxed

Is this a good way or should i give him a bottle after his bath as it signals bedtime more? And also there will be less time between pfeeding him and putting him to bed that way round so im unsure.

Starting this properly tonight although i have been doing it on and off since birth

Hmm I'd say it depends on your baby, if he's relaxed after a bath I don't see a problem with it, but if you give him a feed earlier because of it he might wake up earlier in the night/morning for his next feed? My LB is always wide awake after the excitement if the bath lol. It's all trial and error lol!

Hmm yea i was thinking that about the feed being before means hell wake earlier for next one maybe it is best to do bath first

I tried both and the bottle lasted always worked best for me as we do it in a darker room and it tires him out so he falls to sleep better.

I also do bath then bottle. I found my lo loves the bath, so it's like play time for him and for some reason the bottle has always put him to sleep. I try to give him a chance to burp before I put him down though.

Just done bath then bottle and he now asleep just 40 mins after starting feeding :)

Well i thought he was Asleep, he was awake but chilled in his basket so im leaving him to settle himself fingers xd

I decided not to do bath as part of the bedtime routine. I can't be consistent with it and if she has to have a bath in the day because of a big poo or something I don't want her thinking it's nighttime lol.

I do BF, burp, snuggles, swaddle, bed.

We just used the bath to signal bedtime. His feed didn't always coincide.

We started off doing bath then bottle but now we do bottle then bath as lob didn't want her bottle afterwards as she associated bath with bed and would get drowsy immediately afterwards! It is all trial and error and as soon as u think you've got it sussed they change it! Lol. Now her bedtime routine is; bottle, bedtime snack, bath, cuddles and story, then bed. Seems to work well for us, but the key is consistency. Generally however you get them used to bedtime they'll associated that with bedtime, if that makes sense?! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->