Bedtime troubles...help

I know this sounds awful... but the worst thing you can do when trying to sleep train is communicate with your baby.... I felt awful when I did it !!! :blush:

No cuddles, and no eye contact.... just in lay him down say 'it's time to sleep' and back out....

everytime he wakes up crying try to leave it a couple if miutes longer each time before you go back into him.

It's really hard work, and I crid when I did it, just to hear them crying sooo much. But after a few nights, they get the message... That Mummy is still there, but I'm not going to get cuddles, and it's time to go to sleep...

I hope this helps :hug:

Yeah thats exactly what i used to do and it really works

I have the routine now of play a bit then bathtime get her into her PJ's play a bit more (but norm after a bath she knows now its bedtime and gets crabby lol) then take her up to bed feed her the last bottle of the day and put her down

to start with she would cry but I would generally leave her only go in make sure she was ok if needed but then straight back out and she soon learnt

also if she woke at night for a feed there would be no cuddles or talking just sat in a pretty dark room fed her with little interaction then put her straight back down (was hard but worth it) and after about a week she started sleeping through :happydance::cloud9:

also if she woke at night for a feed there would be no cuddles or talking just sat in a pretty dark room fed her with little interaction then put her straight back down (was hard but worth it) and after about a week she started sleeping through :happydance::cloud9:[/quot

how did u feed her then if u didn't give her a cuddle when u feed her at night? Did u feed her while she was in her moses basket or lie her on ur lap or just hold her head and feed her so she wasn't close to u?

Sorry to ask, getting kira in routine is working so far kinda, her feeds are still all over the place.

Vicky, we gave Thomas dream feeds. Basically we got him a bottle ready for just before we went to bed and then went into his room, took him from his cot and held and fed him. Then burped him and put him back down in his cot.
He never even opened his eyes, but he drank.
It's not recommended to feed a baby whilst they're lay down as it could cause them to choke.
Kira is still tiny yet, we didn't establish much of a routine until after a few months. We just fed on demand as and how much he wanted.

Anyhow Update: We brought a new big boy bed and a guard and he slept soundly all night and didn't wake once...Result!

Cx

I been doing this with Oscar since day one. No interaction when having night feeds. I prop him up on a pillow, but I feed him like that anyways, cos he gets too hot being cuddled. I haven't started a night time routine as such yet, but I have no trouble getting him to sleep in his cot (travel cot at the mo, still waiting delivery of cotbed)
after a bottle he goes straight back to sleep. If I put him down to sleep at 8pm and he doesnt go to sleep I get him back up for a bit of a play then try again later, lucky for me he doesn't cry.
He's still not sleeping through though, he wakes every 3-4 hours for a feed. :wacko:

also if she woke at night for a feed there would be no cuddles or talking just sat in a pretty dark room fed her with little interaction then put her straight back down (was hard but worth it) and after about a week she started sleeping through :happydance::cloud9:

how did u feed her then if u didn't give her a cuddle when u feed her at night? Did u feed her while she was in her moses basket or lie her on ur lap or just hold her head and feed her so she wasn't close to u?

Sorry to ask, getting kira in routine is working so far kinda, her feeds are still all over the place.

I fed her on my knee with her head on my arm as I always do but just not so cuddly and cosy as I do through the day if you get me ?? through the day when i feed her i talk and sing to her etc but at night i give no interaction just feed burp back to cot

we had her in a routine by 3 weeks but my 1st 2 were a nightmare and wouldnt sleep think you deffo learn thru practice hehe

mind you Ebonii has been on baby rice since around 10 weeks old and is really happy and content and sleeps brilliantly, i really dont agree with the dont feed baby till 6 months that HV are saying now, my other kids were on solids early aswell and they are fine so dont see the problem ?? if baby enjoys the food from spoon earlier then go for it and you have loads of time to get them used to it if they dont like it at first :D

glad the big boy bed worked ;) xx

He's still not sleeping through though, he wakes every 3-4 hours for a feed. :wacko:

Give him time - Kaya still wants feeding two or three times a night and she's 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->