Beef Wellington while Pregnant ???

Strobelight89

Reaction score
Ok, heres the story. Last night I went to OH's mum's house for dinner. We got served Beef Wellington & I ate it. Only today have I realised it contains mushroom pate & slightly undercooked beef (I thought it was just some sauce-type thing over the beef as the pink bits weren't in the middle, they were on the outside of the beef fillet). Anyways...

Ever since learning this I have been googling it to death but cannot find any useful info on it regarding pregnancy...just wondering if u guys could help me out ?

PS: I ate it all because: (A) I didn't know what it was made of at the time, & (B) I didn't want to offend anyone by not eating it (if u know what I mean). It was ingested last night at about 7pm(ish) and I feel totally fine at the moment. Although, that isn't much reasurrance as Listeria (from the mushroom pate) can take upto 2 months to show. Now I'm rly worried. Has anyone else accidentally ate something in the 'bad' list & their baby turned out ok at the end ? Any reassurance or info would be greatly appreciated at this time. Thanks. xx

No idea about the different things, sorry! Could you try ringing your midwife, ours has a 24 hour enquiry line and have been really good with me when I have had panics like eating out of date potato salad and other crazy things!
Hope you get a positive response xx

the mushroom pate' shouldnt be a listeria risk hun as its not got meat in it and its the liver pate' and chicken pate' we need to be avoiding caus of the risk also the Vit A in liver isnt great. if the meat was just slightly pink ( if at all ) then you should be fine so long as it wasnt bleeding on your plate

I wouldn't worry too much. You are not in the 1st trimester anymore and there must only be a small chance of catching something. Take reassurance that in other countries they often eat and drink all sorts when pregnant. I would be more careful now i'm pregnant but am not avoiding things all together. I went to someone's house on saturday and had chicken stuffed with silton. I ate it and won't spend my time worrying about it and it was yummy!!!!

ok depending on the cheese used in the pate' it should be fine i doubt your OH's mum went out and brought specialty cheeses to go in her pate' and even then because it was cooked not raw the risk is extremely low

I had beef wellington when I was about 12 weeks pregnant.. no problem :) x

I'm pretty sure the pate would be low risk - it's heated and vegetarian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->