Been back at work since 29th July and haven't been paid

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
I returned to work on the 29th July and received a wage slip for last month which said zero which I expected. I was supposed to get paid today but nothing went into my account, my wage slip has been posted to me and it said zero? Is that right? Considering I've done a months work and haven't got paid for it? Do I have to do a month in advance and get paid double next month or has my employer made a mistake and not put me back on payroll :/ my maternity leave technically didn't end till August 11th but my employer put me back in on the 29th for retraining (I still got paid as I was rotaed in). I have bills and rent to pay not to mention kids to feed and I have no income this month besides my tax credits :(

When is your payroll's cut off period? I started worked on July 10th last year, payroll cut off was the 10th so I didn't get paid until the end of August as our payday is end of the month. Having said that because you're returning to work not starting I don't see why they wouldn't have anticipated your return to sort it before the cut off, speak to your HR if it's a mistake demand a BACS payment x

Our cut off is about ten days before pay day so around the 18th I think :/ I'm going up to work tomorrow to find out what's happened I can't survive without my wages :( I think it's most likely I've missed the cut off or I've been put back onto payroll too late :( but to be back a whole month with no income at all is ridiculous

It's been 8 days since pay day and i still have no wages :( apparently HR never forwarded my paperwork to payroll saying I was back off maternity leave. Work rang them again yesterday and the forms that were sent again last week are sat in a massive backlog. My wages just aren't a priority right now. I am livid, work have agreed to give me an advance if my wages aren't in by tomorrow. I'm overdrawn with NO money to take care of my children. My rent is due next Tuesday and because I'm in my overdraft I'm not going to have enough to cover it :( why has this happened? And no-one seems to realise how serious this is. All I get is oh they'll be in soon or you still haven't been paid?

That is so bad, can you not go to HR yourself and shout the office down??x

That's terrible, I would be making a huge fuss at HR x

Our HR is down South somewhere work can only press on payroll they managed to get it prioritised to be processes yesterday but it could still take a few days to be paid :( it'd be different if they'd overpaid me though would manage to get sorted in a few hours

they just don't seem to get that most folk do live hand to mouth at the mo. My works messed up my last 2 payments.......and the last one had gotten me bank charges. Ok its only £6, but still, its the principle!
HR forgot to tell payroll I was away on maternity leave..................if they forget to tell them I am back I will probably lose the will to live

I've had nothing but hassle this time round. First they said I was fine and entitled to SMP despite me knowing I wasn't then only informed me I wasn't and had to apply for maternity allowance 2 weeks before my maternity leave started and now this :( I did get my wages today though so better late than never I suppose but now I'm down 25 quid that I need because of their error. I think things like this that cause you to go overdrawn should be subsidised by whoever a error it was

I would definably go back to them and ask for them to cover it. If my charges were going to be £36 like I though from my work not paying me I was going to request they paid it as it would have left me down an whole weeks worth of shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->