Been for tour of delivery suite today

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
DH and I both had the day off today so that we could make our 2pm appointment at hospital for our tour of the delivery suite. When I'd booked it, I'd rung the delivery suite who gave me another number to book through. So I rang them and they told me that they only did tours at 1pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Can you guess where this is going? Got there to be told that they only do tours on Sundays and Wednesdays! Having spoken to the midwife there, we think that with all the transferring of calls I ended up being booked in at their sister hospital across town.

Anyway, she was lovely and showed us round anyway, so we had a personal tour! Saw the delivery suites, the anaesthia room, the operating theatre and the recovery room. All seemed nice enough. They had just finished the planned c-sections for the day and there was a woman in the recovery room with her new-born baby and suddenly it all seemed really real. I could imagine myself being there in a few weeks with our little ones. :cry:

Also bumped into our consultant who stopped and had a chat with us and was really reassuring about the level of care we would get afterwards. Apparently there is a transitional ward where early or lower weight babies go that isn't SCBU but isn't the normal ward either and where they have a higher ratio of nurses with plenty of experience of multiple births. Given our situation we'll probably end up in there. If not, even the main ward itself isn't huge considering the size of the hospital.

Feel pretty happy with being there, not that we have a huge choice, but at least it felt pretty comfortable.

So anything from 3-7 weeks to go :headspin:

Thats great Helen, sounds like they are really taking care of you.

Do you feel a bit more relaxed now? i remember feeling so much calmer about the birth etc after i had my tour of the delivery suite. I guess it was reassuring to know where i had to go etc etc !

Cant believe you could be meeting your babies in as little as 3 weeks !!!! im so excited for you !!!!
xx

Im taking Gav soon as he thinks alabour ward is just that ... a WARD!!!

I was like noooooooo hun tis private rooms he still can't picture it lol!!

Glad all went well and lucky you getting a private tour, our local hospital would have told ya to sod off and come back at the right time pmsl!!

Ohhhh not long to go im getting all excited for you huni!

xxx

Feel sorta calmer and sorta more excited. Got this really nervous excited feeling going through the doors thinking "the next time I'm here...". I just cannot believe I'm actually PG and going to have a family. It's amazing!

i can not belive you are 30 weeks, it seems only a couple of weeks ago you told us you were having twins and now they will be here soon!! :D

xx

Aww thats so nice, its like the last thing before the real deal isn't it?
Can't believe it will be so soon, the time has just flown by

Oh i'm really happy for you!! Thats great news!! I know i probably say this on every post of mine - but bloody hell time goes sooooo quickly!!!!!! x

:happydance: Ohhhhhh Helen, how exciting!!! Get everything done you want done before LO's arrive! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->