been given cerazette-advise

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So i was on microgenon 30 for about 8/9 years and never had a problem with it but apparently im too fat to take it now even tho i only gained 7lbs during pregnancy but i havent been weighed at the doctors since 2009 according to the computer.

Anyway my question is when should i start taking it? The doctor said straight away but i havent had a period yet and even tho she asked me if i had she still said start now it just seems weird not to wait until after ive had at least one period! It seems unnatural to me not to have one every month now im going to be taking this medication anyway but then my periods were never to bad so i didnt mind having them! :)

Anyone else on cerazette? did you wait until youd had your first period before taking it?

No need to wait untill period as long as you don't have unprotected sex for the first 7 days. That is the same as all pills it's just they normally make you take it on the 1st day of period so that you are covered as soon as you start taking it. I was on cerrazette it was fine with me and had no problems conceiving after stopping it (1st month) however my friend didn't get a period or conceive for 4monthS after taking it.

I really liked it! My periods stopped, I had light spotting for 2/3 days a month! And I didn't have any other side effects like I have done with previous pills. PP is right though just start taking it and wait 7 days :)

Love cerazette, having no periods is fantastic and I got pregnant one month after stopping it which was a bonus. You just have to try it. Different pills suit different people. I tried loads of pils when I wAs younger and this was the best for me. You can start taking it today, no need to wait.

I started on cerazette after being on microgynon 39 for 7 years. I also really liked microgynon but, touch wood, I've had no problems with cerazette. I set the alarm on my phone so that I know when to take it each day as it obviously has less of a window than microgynon. I'm taking it as in exclusively breast feeding.

I also find it slightly strange not to have a period, although after not having one for so long now, I don't want one :thumbup:

As long as you're definitely not pregnant you can start taking it whenever. I also haven't had one since before I got pregnant and started taking it after my 6 week check.

X

No need to wait, start taking it straight away. I was on Cerazette for 6 years before stopping it to conceive DD. Never went back on contraception in between babies but will definitely be going back on it when I get my 6 week check at the doctors. X

I didnt wait until my period when i started taking it.
I'm not getting on with it though, its made my periods irregular...
Im on for a week, off for a week etc
I preferred Microgynon tbh, i had periods but only bled for 5 days a month...

I started cerazette 3 weeks pp, before having a period, haven't had any problems (or periods) with it,

I'm on Cerazette. Just start taking it straight away. You'll not be covered for 7 days though, so use another form of contraception in the meantime. (the same applies if you miss a pill too)

I too was on Microgynon before. But that gave me mood swings, headaches and back acne.

Cerazette is amazing. No periods (well, apart from a very light but long one now which I think is my first since giving birth so I expected it to be longer/heavy) as I don't usually get periods on Cerazette, I think I'd really be suffering if I was not on it.

I have taken Cerazette for years, had a break before and whilst pregnant and now back on it. I really like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->