Been induced what to expect?

Sugerr

Mom of one ttc#2
Reaction score
Am due to be induced on the 21st due to reduced movements from baby never been induced before can people share there storys am so worried as people said it can take days an i really dont want to miss xmas with my other little girl also first time round i had a quick easy labour just panckin loads as people said it meant to hurt more :( xx

I'm in a simar situation and my midwife said if I do need the induction then as its a second baby sometimes all that's needed is for them to break your waters. I'm also having a sweep week before which she expects to be successful so maybe you could ask for that?x

i think there can be a bit of variety in how much intervention is needed for an induction. I needed to be induced with DS at just over 39 weeks. At 9am I had a gel pessary inserted to soften my cervix, this just caused me to have some cramping and lots of braxton hicks. Then at about 3.30pm they checked my cervix and it was soft enough to break my waters. So then I was monitored for about 30 mins to make sure baby was happy still. Then they started the pitocin drip and I think I started feeling contractions at around 4.30pm, and by 5pm they were very intense and I got pethidine. DS arrived at 6.40pm - so a very quick labour in the end.

I think I had a positive experience, although I'm sure the fact there wasn't much build up to going from no contractions to very painful ones wouldn't probably be as intense if it was a natural labour - I'm guessing anyway. It looks like I'm going to be induced again with this baby, and while maybe not ideal I'm not stressed about the actual induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->