been on labour ward all night and OH ended up needing treating!

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi all

had a really scary night last night I suffer from night terrors and I woke up in night and went sleep running when I woke up a found myself in the kitchen and my trousers were soaked through. Didn't smell like wee so rang the labour ward who wanted me to come in.

Put me on monitor and that was fine and checked for waters but they could not see any obvious signs that they leaking but they couldn't see very well so took a swab to be sure.

Anyways we were sitting in the room and my OH suddenly said he felt really hot and all of a sudden he jolted back in his chair and his eyes went all weird and he started making a weird noise and his whole body started shaking and he went grey.

I ran in to the hall way and called a midwife in who took one look at him and pulled the emergency cord and this horrid alarm started going off and loads of midwifes came running down the hall and in to the room as well as the on call doctor.

It took 7 midwifes to get him on the floor and hold him down until his body stopped shaking and he came round :( I never been so scared it was awful it took another 2 midwifes to calm me down as I was freaking out. They thought it was a fit and was asking me if he has epilepsy but cos he came round they think it was a scary passing out but he got to see doctor today to try and find out what caused it and to check its nothing serious

Good lord wriggly what a night!

So what was the result of the swab? Just pee?

Had your husband got to have an MRI? My bro is epileptic x

Oh no!! Hope you and your OH are both okay and feeling better soon.

oh dear! hope your OH is okay-
on another note they sure know how to steal the show dont they?
How are your results?

My brother had a seizure like that years ago when he was with me. He had tests & epilepsy was ruled out. I think it was more due to low blood sugar, dehydration and a bit of heat stroke. I used to work in neurology and most admissions due to on-off seizures like that were due to a varierty of reasons other than epilepsy; heat, stress, metabolic imbalance or infection of some sort.
Hope you are both okay x

Oh thats so scary! Hope you're both OK :hugs:

How scary and horrible for both of you! I hope you are both better today xx

What a scary night! Typical man stealing the limelight!! Seriously tho i hope u are both ok, and OH finds out what caused this xx

Wowzers! Hope you are both ok!!!

Something similar happened to my OH, when my mother was in hospital. All of a sudden he collapsed too! Turned out with him it was due to low blood sugar, so we got him a Yorkie and a coke and luckily he was fine. Freakin scary though!

Will be stalking to see an update x

Oh gosh hope you are both ok today and get some answers xxx

Gosh that sounds positively horrible. I hope you both are ok. I can't imagine how awful that would have been.

Oh no what an awful night :( hope both you and OH are okay :hugs: and bubs of course

Xxx

My gosh you poor things what a horrible scary night!! Hope you are both feeling ok today xox

Thanks ladies

he has got doctor appointment at 2.20 so will update on him after that

not sure about the swab they had just gone to send it off when OH had his episode so I kinda forgot to ask when I would know about that. But they pretty sure waters are still in tact :) just got to keep eye on it

Wow what a horrible night. I hope everything is ok and that you get some answers.

good lord, what did you two eat? sounds like a night to remember... Glad you are both essentially ok, hope all turns out well with your OH

:hugs: hope youre both alright:) ive seen my husband faint once and it was the scariest thing ive ever seen. his eyes were open, i thought he was dead. really shook me up, he was fine just hadnt eaten so low blood sugar. i think i was more shook up then him!

wow scary!! just as well you were in hospital all ready!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->