Been prescribed Oramorph....

lylasmummy

Reaction score
Had another growth scan today and baby is still on 97th centile. I have polyhydramnious again and my SPD is bloody agony.

They would have induced me there and then due to my pain but babies head is completely free so they said no point even attempting it.

They wanted to admit me to control my SPD pain and due to risk of potential cord prolapse but I'm back again a week today to see if better for induction and my OH is going to stay off work now to keep an eye on me and so I can rest as much as poss.

Basically baby needs to engage a bit before they will induce but she is bobbing around due to my polyhydramnious, he said they will only push me so far before they intervene.

Any tips for getting her head to engage??

Also he sent me home with Oramorph, it's morphine and I'm worried about taking it, he said mainly to take it at night to help me sleep, OH said his mum took it in the end days of her battle with cancer :'( surely it's too strong to be taking in pregnancy??

yes the only experience i have wit oramorph is the same as what your oh said . I would bounce on a ball but that may effect your spd also what have they said regarding chord prolapse ? is that because babys not engaged and if they sweep it could cause prolapse ? xx

Because she is completely free, if my waters break at home the cord might come down because babirs head isn't plugging x

Oramorph is usually a last resort and I'm shocked they let you go home with it but I'm not a doctor so really I shouldn't comment.

I completely understand why they won't induce while the head isn't engaged as my mum was induced with my brother when his head wasn't engaged and like you said, she ended up with a prolapsed cord and was rushed into theatre, luckily all was well but her doc even said that's why they don't like to induce till a baby is ready.

I agree with foxy37, bouncing on your ball is a great way to get baby head down and lots of walking which will be painful for you no doubt x

We use oramorph for our patients sometimes. There is different strengths and amounts. End stage cancers will be a lot higher than you have.
If it was me id ask for something else. My friend fractured her leg really really badly whenppregnant and her baby was born addicted to morphine and was in scbu for a while going through withdrawal :(

We use oramorph for our patients sometimes. There is different strengths and amounts. End stage cancers will be a lot higher than you have.
If it was me id ask for something else. My friend fractured her leg really really badly whenppregnant and her baby was born addicted to morphine and was in scbu for a while going through withdrawal :(

Yeh, I won't be taking any of it. Doc did say only for 7 days so I assume this is to avoid anything like that happening, but I hate taking even co-codamol cos I hate feeling out of control of my body so this would be an absolute late resort for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->