been up since 2am

Nicola27

Reaction score
it's been a really tiring night and i'm not even sure anything is happening!

i went for a sweep yesterday afternoon at 41 + 2 days - the attempt last week didn't go well so I was half expecting her not to be able to do it, but it did go ahead. I've had no bleeding but had a rather severe pain in my stomach at about 11.30 last night. Nothing happened after that so I went to sleep ok. I then woke up at 2am with really bad back pain - like the worst period pain ever! This has now been going on for 3 and a half hours (it's now 5.30am in UK) and I've not been able to get to sleep because they are coming every 15 minutes or so.

I know this is something that's come from the sweep and it's normal, but is it a prequel to contractions? Or are they actually contractions?

Confused!!! (and really tired!)

x

Sounds promising. I had sweep on Monday and nothing as bad as you describe. I too have been awake most of the night but only because I can't get comfortable. Good luck. Hope it turns into something for you

i really hope it turns into something - i'm due to be induced on saturday so i'm feeling a glimmer of hope that i might do it on my own and be able to have a water birth like planned. have got a bad feeling that it's my body playing tricks on me though....

x

I've got a second sweep at 11 today. My last one was ok but never set anything off so hoping todays does.

Some people labour in their back so it is entirely possible you're having contractions. Call l&d/triage for advice if you need to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->