Before I start OPKS...

mindgames77

Reaction score
Before I start addictively peeing on OPKS, I need to confirm once and for all...

Is there a fade in and out before and after ovulation, or is it simply all tests are negative unless the test line is as dark/darker?

:shrug:

sorry...not that clear cut...depends on how much LH you have in your system anyway and also how sensitive the tests are...I always have a very light line and then suddenly there was a very obvious line for 2 days... just try it and see how it is for you I think! And yes with the positive - line has to be as near to as dark or darker than the control line x

mindgames, some women's surge is gradual & others can go from practically no line, to positive.. But yes, all tests are considered negative, unless you've got a line as dark or darker than the control line.. The ladies who never get a positive on a test, this is most likely because the tests are not sensitive enough for them. They come with different sensitivety levels.. But as a rule of thumb, your test line should be as dark or darker than the control line for the test to be positive. :thumbup:

GL hun

My "fade in" period before a positive OPK is usually measured in HOURS not days :)

I've noted that I start my fade in the day prior to my positive - other than that my OPKs tests are barely visible. Then I get positives for ONE day then negative by the next morning after my positive OPK.

Yes, you want the test line to be AS DARK or DARKER than the control line.

I've watched lots of threads on here and one thing that's quite consistent is that if you "think" you "MIGHT" have a positive, you probably aren't quite there yet. I've seen lots of threads here where ladies post their pictures asking for other's opinions on wether it might be positive - only to post one they KNOW is positive a few days later.

That's my two cents :)

:dust:

Yes, you want the test line to be AS DARK or DARKER than the control line.

I've watched lots of threads on here and one thing that's quite consistent is that if you "think" you "MIGHT" have a positive, you probably aren't quite there yet. I've seen lots of threads here where ladies post their pictures asking for other's opinions on wether it might be positive - only to post one they KNOW is positive a few days later.

That's my two cents :)

:dust:

^^WSS, totally agree with this statement. You'll know when it's positive. The key is 'as dark or darker'.. GL hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->