behind with movement...

mammyy

Reaction score
does anyone think there prem babys are behind with stuff like lifting there heads up and rolling over (corrected age i mean)
xx

They always say you shouldn't compare babies with other babies and against calendars for development, as every baby is an individual and develops at different speeds ......

That said, our boy Andrew is around 3m behind in development, due to various health issues relating to his prematurity and subsequent problems.

My daughter took time with some of her milestones and some things she was doing as she was expected. It's all on the individual baby. My daughter didn't speak properly till she was 3 years old and I was so worried but now she can't stop! So just take it easy all will happen in good time. However if you are concerned with anything speak to your healthvisitor or Dr.

Abby is 16 months (13 corrected) and still needs cushions when she sits. She still isn't rolling over, but is learning. She can "crawl" backwards a little. So, yeah - reeeeealllly behind with movement. But I'm sure she'll get there in the end!

Freddy is so so so behind with movement, he never started sitting alone till dec nearly a year (9mths) and started crawling in may and he is till not walking now and nearly 2! Have been refered to Development doc and said that he has low muscle tone which is very common in prems just means they are really loose. Annoying as all his friends were crawling months b4 him and have been walking since they were one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->