Being a mother!

Wishx

Reaction score
For some of us soon to be mommies, how would you describe being a mom?

Rewarding, exhausting, amazing, nothing I could have ever prepared for. I love my daughter more than I ever thought possible. Sometimes she makes me crazy though! And I'm about to start all over again!

You will be a completely different person. Not in a bad way, in fact, you will probably struggle to remember what life was like before your LO. There will be an adjustment period, but one day you will look back and you won't be able to remember what kept you busy when you didn't have kids!

You LO will be the most important thing in your life, you will think of your LO and their needs much more often than you own. You grow so much as a person to be capable of caring for them and yourself. Your patience will be tested more than you will ever know, but you will also be rewarded with the pure love from your children and realizing you are capable of a kind of self sacrificing love you've probably never had before.

Don't get me wrong, it will be tiring. Exhausting. But it is so amazingly rewarding.

There are a lot of emotional extremes. Happiness is no longer just happiness, it's total euphoria. Worry isn't just worry, it's all-encompassing fear.

When I was a brand new mum, especially during the newborn period, I found myself struggling quite a bit with feelings of isolation. I think part of this was due to having had DS young (for my generation, I was 25) and therefore had no social circle of other mothers. And the other mums I did come across in local groups, etc, wanted very little to do with me as they were all 10+ years older and in a totally different socioeconomic demographic.

It's really important to do what you can to make time for things you enjoy. Things as small as painting your nails, getting a new haircut, reading a new book, or taking a class on something interesting once a week. The first month or two are a complete write-off and you'll be creating a new 'normal'! But after that, once you feel like you're finding some sort of wobbly rhythm, remember you're still you. Only more so!

Honestly.....x

Attachments

• what-motherhood-feels-like-everyday-com-perfectionpendin-diy-and-household-tips-8613643.jpg
    what-motherhood-feels-like-everyday-com-perfectionpendin-diy-and-household-tips-8613643.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 4
It's something you just can't describe. Love like you've never felt it before. Fear and heartbreak like you've never felt it before. Every emotion intensified 1000000%.
The best thing you will ever do in your whole life! You will change as a person without realising and suddenly your entire world focus will be on another tiny human, rather than yourself. In time you'll look back and wonder what life was like before being a parent but won't want to change it for the world.
It's the most demanding and sometimes difficult job in the world, but no job could ever give the satisfaction and passion and love that being a mother does, not even close. X

Tiring. Very very very tiring. But the most rewarding and amazing experience in the world. You will never love anyone as fierce nor will you ever be as afraid of something happening to them. It's demanding and can be mentally draining at times (threenager is worse than the terrible twos by a long shot!) But everything is worth it. There is no feeling like it.

Put it this way: I can have days where Ollie drives me mad with whinging, demands, being naughty and with me being exhausted with the pregnancy. And yet I will miss him intensely when he's in his bed asleep and I'm downstairs to the point where every night I'll sit in his room for 5 mins or so just to watch him sleep and marvel at how utterly perfect he is.

Love reading everyone's replies. Don't have time to add my own, but I 100000% agree with everything above. xxx

You ladies say it beautifully <3 I can't wait to be a mother!

There are a lot of emotional extremes. Happiness is no longer just happiness, it's total euphoria. Worry isn't just worry, it's all-encompassing fear.

When I was a brand new mum, especially during the newborn period, I found myself struggling quite a bit with feelings of isolation. I think part of this was due to having had DS young (for my generation, I was 25) and therefore had no social circle of other mothers. And the other mums I did come across in local groups, etc, wanted very little to do with me as they were all 10+ years older and in a totally different socioeconomic demographic.

It's really important to do what you can to make time for things you enjoy. Things as small as painting your nails, getting a new haircut, reading a new book, or taking a class on something interesting once a week. The first month or two are a complete write-off and you'll be creating a new 'normal'! But after that, once you feel like you're finding some sort of wobbly rhythm, remember you're still you. Only more so!

Wow, did you hit the nail on the head. YES to the extreme emotions. Holding my child, snuggling with her...feeling her little kisses and hugs...it is nothing short of absolute bliss that I have never experienced before in my life. My oxytocin levels must rise like 100x during those moments :haha:

...the fear, though. Fear that I never felt before becoming a mother. Unfortunately, I also have pretty bad anxiety and struggled with post part depression so the fear and anxiety were debilitating to me at times. Being pregnant again, I do have a lot of low days but I am aware of these feelings now. If you ever feel abnormally low or anxious or scared--don't hesitate to contact your doctor asap. Many of us wait too long and suffer too long.

It has many ups and downs. The joy is the most extreme joy. Then, you have the feelings about worrying if you're doing it right. Not because you are comparing yourself to anyone else, but because you just want to do what's best for your child. It gets better and then there are things you have to work through again. You know that quote about your heart forever being outside of your body? Yeah...it's like that <3

It's a work in progress. Some of what you think you'll do, you'll never do. And some of what you think you'd never do...you'll do. Lol

Becoming a mom has strengthen me more than I ever thought possible. I'm more confident and at peace with myself. Strange, never thought that's what happens when you become a mom. Haha

I recently told someone:

You know never know how far you can push yourself, how strong you can be, how much love/worry/pride you're capable of until you become a parent.

It's not all kittens and rainbows. Sleep deprivation, tantrums, less "me time", expenses, stress, etc. all come with being a parent. But...that's life. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->