Being compared ??! ....

Gems

Reaction score
A work friend of mine had a baby 6 months ago , she was lucky to have an easy pregnancy, no sickness, she put on no excess weight except baby, she never talked about ther pregnancy and was still so professional. She is due back to work next week and is looking amasing.
Am i silly to think i have to match her pregnancy? Im scared to talk about mine at work, incase other people compare me to her and expect me to shut up and that im boring them.
I just know im gonna pile weight on and i have always found it hard to lose weight and i can hear comments like '' Well T didnt put that much weight on'' etc
Am i just being paranoid and jealous??
Gems xxxx

Every pregnancy is different. Don't beat yourself up if you get sick or if you put on more weight than her. And you have every right to talk about your pregnancy, it's a major event in your life! All that matters in the end is that you have a healthy baby. :hugs:

oh no, you have the dreaded yummy mummy in work wth you?

:hugs:

don't you go worrying yourself. If you wanna talk about LO then do so, any comments you can say that you are obviously more excited than others. Remind them that every pregnancy is different, and try to enjoy it, stuff 'em!!!:)

here here!
Dont compare yourself. Everyone is different, and why shouldnt you want to talk about your pregnancy? it doesnt make anyone a hero to ignore this wodnerful bundle of loveliness thats growing inside us!
The ladies at my work love talking about it.
Usually about how massive I am, but sod them.

Enjoy your pregnancy and forget ms perfect-knickers!

i compare myself all the time and is the WORST thing you can do. everyone deals with pregnancy in different ways, we all have to cope with different symptoms and are bumps are all completely different too. Do not compare yourself, if you want to talk about your pregnancy then go for it. It would kill me not to be able to talk about it, just make sure you talk about it at convenient times. You will look beautiful regardless, so don't worry about weight gain. xx

Thanks girls ! Thank god for this forum where i can chat ''baby'' anytime of day !!!
On a plus side and i know its really bitchy but she has lost her managers title since coming back from maternity leave ! Oh dear !

I haven't put any weight on and only have a little bump but my skin and hair are awful! I'm jealous of all those 'glowing' women with the proper baby bump

I know how you feel with your skin, mine is just awful , soooo many spots !!!

I never had spots on my face all through adolescence and now I look awful lol

Try putting a little TCP on them , its bloody stinks but does dry them up , thats only thing that ive found helps ! Stops the OH trying it on in middle of night too ! hee hee

Gems, just because you maybe feel that other people would compare you and think you're no match for superwoman stop and think how others might really see it.
At work we've had loads and loads of pregnant girls. There is supermum who went into labour the very same evening she finished work for mat leave and then only had 3 months off. She didn't put on any weight and has had another 2 since and still is trim and still has minimal time off.
I've preferred the girls who have given themselves over completely to the miracle of making a baby and are simply happy to be creating a new life and giving it the best start than trying to prove themselves. That is what I'm going to aspire to. We have lifetimes to be ourselves but being a new mum is a very rare chance. :)

I think no matter what you do someone is always going to compare you to someone they know or comment on your weight gain, etc.... I have heard it all it seems like. If it does happen, don't let it get you down (easier said than done). Everyone grows at a different rate and everyone puts weight on in different places, no one is the same. I really wish people would realize that and quit giving us pregnant women a complex, lol!!! Also, if you want to be open about your pregnancy, then by all means talk about it all you want. I know I do and people are probably sick of me by now but I don't care. I'm creating a life inside me, something I thought I would never do in my lifetime.

We are all here on B & B if you need us. I know that I ask tons of questions and I have my rants as well. This place is great because everyone knows what you are going through. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->