Being induced tomorrow!!! I'll be 36+2 with my twins!!!

Anidae

Reaction score
So in 24 hours from now I'm being induced with my babies!

The boy developed an insufficient placenta which was detected at 32 weeks. The consultant wanted to get them straight out but after lots of tests and monitoring they decided better to take the risk of keeping them in, than to take the risk of gettin them out that early. I've been monitored everyday since and the consultant feels its time now and they need to come out.

So I'll be induced tomo and I'm so excited but also very worried. They'll be slightly prem, which could make a big difference to their breathing, temp control, feeding.

I've had the steroids to help mature their lungs at 32 weeks, I also intend on tandem breast feeding them both and am really hoping their suckling reflex is refined enough yet!

I'm also nervous about birthing 2 babies!!! I had the choice of a section, which initially was my only option due to my complications but the consultant now feels it will help the babies breathing to do it naturally, so I'm doing what ever is best for them. I have to give birth in the operating theatre with the consultants and also with an anesthetist on hand just incase I need a general for a C-section as I've chosen to try it on gas & air without an epidural. Not going to be silly tho, if I really need it I'll have it, there's also a chance they'll need to manually turn/extract the 2nd baby so I'm staying open minded about pain relief really!!

I'm so excited to meet my new son & daughter and can't wait to bring you news!!! Xx

Wow sad news about them having to come early but great news you get to meet you lo's. beat of luck and hope you have a great experience with no complications xxx

Good luck - my friend had her twins at 25 weeks with only 3 days of steroids. The twin she had vaginally had less breathing issues as the section twin BUT @15weeks early, they were both discharged at term with one twin only requiring oxygen overnight for 2 weeks only.

I think it sounds like your little ones are getting the best chance possible and I wish you all the luck in the world xx

The very best of luck for tomorrow . How exciting :happydance:. Hope everything goes perfect for you x

good luck for tomorrow hun hope everything goes well for you and LO'S :) be looking forward to seeing your birth story on here and hopefully some pics :D xxxxxx

Aww good luck <3 just think soon you will be holding your bundles of love! X

Wow, strong little guy in there! Best of luck tomorrow, and well done for planning to B/F and have a vaginal birth - putting your LO's needs first - you will be a great mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->