Being Induced Tomorrow! :O

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeek! AAaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!
I really can't believe it, i am in shock, i don't know what to think or feel and my head is frazzled, i hope this is normal lol!
Baby is all healthy and i actually had a scan yesterday which showed she was 7lbs 7oz but her movements have been reduced sometimes through out the pregnancy and her heart rate can be sometimes on the high side and i'm always having heart palpitations so today they decided to reduce me tomorrow, tomorrow? like at least give me the weekend to process it lol! When she said it i was like :O they looked at me as if to think "why was i so shocked" erm, hello why do you think. I really don't know what to think? or expect, she just said said there inducing me tomorrow, told me to ring a number in the morning and gave me a leaflet, i'm really peed that they didn't give me a rough idea what was going to happen to be honest, so what can i expect from anyone thats had experiences been induced? i heard theirs risks and i'm so scared, i have all these fears that i'm going to (gawd forbid) lose my baby because they have decided to do this. helpppp!!! :cry:

I don't think u have anything to worry about Hun! I'm being induced on Sunday and got told wed! There is a post with a video of an induction on a little lower down! That's good to prepare yourself!

The way I'm thinking of it is if I went a week or 2 over due this would happen anyway! And there doing it to lower risk of anything happening to u or baby!! Be positive think Sunday u should have baby in ur arms xxx

Almost everyone I know has been induced one has had to have a cs and I think its cus she wouldn't calm down. They usually put something in to soften everything and latter start potocin (idk how to spell it) the contactions are stronger and closer together then natural tho. Good luck tomorrow you'll be fine!

I am on my mobile so i cant see if you are in the uk but i had a pessary which was used to start things off. Once i was favourable enough they were going to break my waters and start the drip.. my waters broke on their own so they started the drip the next morning and she arrived later that day. Your baby will be safe hun they have the monitor on your tummy the whole time you are on the drip to listen to babys heartbeat. Good luck :)

I don't think u have anything to worry about Hun! I'm being induced on Sunday and got told wed! There is a post with a video of an induction on a little lower down! That's good to prepare yourself!

The way I'm thinking of it is if I went a week or 2 over due this would happen anyway! And there doing it to lower risk of anything happening to u or baby!! Be positive think Sunday u should have baby in ur arms xxx

Thats what I've been thinking aswell that if i do go over that i would of had to have this anyway, so would of happened either way, i guess its a good way to look at it and yeah her wellbeing comes first and i really hope so i can't wait to meet her :) good luck with your induction to :)

Clarabell543 - yeah i'm in the UK :)

Thank you mucho lovelys, eeeeeeekkkk!

Just be prepared it may not happen as quick as you had thought. Depends how favourable you are. I went in thinking i would be in labour the same day but i had the pessart sat morning my waters broke sunday night and the drip started monday. Saying that i was two weeks overdue and my body just didnt really know what to do with contractions. I have heard many stories of women having a really quick positive induction experience!! :) pack an extra bag to keep at home if you end up in hospital longer than u had planned so a family member can bring it in if u need fresh clothes. I asked my hubby to bring me a clean bra.. he brought me in a strapless lacy bra two sizes too small. Now get some sleep you have a busy day ahead :)

Just be prepared it may not happen as quick as you had thought. Depends how favourable you are. I went in thinking i would be in labour the same day but i had the pessart sat morning my waters broke sunday night and the drip started monday. Saying that i was two weeks overdue and my body just didnt really know what to do with contractions. I have heard many stories of women having a really quick positive induction experience!! :) pack an extra bag to keep at home if you end up in hospital longer than u had planned so a family member can bring it in if u need fresh clothes. I asked my hubby to bring me a clean bra.. he brought me in a strapless lacy bra two sizes too small. Now get some sleep you have a busy day ahead :)

Awwww i will do and thanks hun, that helps a lot. :)

I was induced and very lucky as from start to finished it was 24 hours. But I think it can be a lot longer. They normally start you off with a pessery and see how your body takes it. For me contractions started withing a couple of hours and I didn't need anything else. They will only give you the drip if the pessery isn't enough. Don't be scared. I know been induced isn't ideal but its not as bad as it sounds. But as PP said pack extra things incase it does take a while....and magazines, hospitals can be boring!xx

I was induced on Sunday due to PIH, with the propess pessary for PIH, my cervix was still far back and 1cm dialated.. It did nothing except give me a few period pains.. So Monday morning they took it out and put another in (they couldn't break my waters as cervix hadn't changed). Kept getting pains coming and going in waves, by 10pm I was in proper pain and midwife said I wasn't even in labour yet, but my waters was definitely getting broke at 6am Tuesday so she sent me to labour ward to have some diamoephine so I could get some rest ready for the big day.. That worked for about a hour where then everything became so painful again! At 3AM my waters broke on their own! Then my baby arrived at 6.11AM.. Wasn't at all a bad labour (just a few problems after with down below but nothing to do with induction). This was my first baby so can't compare it to a 'normal' labour but there was no complications or anything like people always say there are risks so don't be worried! Good luck :)

Good luck..... Hope today goes well and not too slowly xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->